Author Topic: a light range session with a few tidy pieces........,  (Read 2116 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
a light range session with a few tidy pieces........,
« on: July 25, 2016, 05:56:20 AM »
Go on what's what here.?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:25:48 PM by tsupo67 »
roddio s tuning 10.75*--diamana x 70s
Solid contacts 13* fd--diamana stinger 70x
Prgr egg18*-- diamana stinger 70xx
Masda v2  MB---NS proto 2g18x ss
prgr nabla  tr 51+ 57---ns  Wv125s
No name dom. Proto Lob wizard wedge 60* ns950s
Benock mallet
TS x01-z/bridgestone330b

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • It's not how many BUT how Far!
Re: a light Monday range test
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 01:08:48 PM »
Looks like your Driving range uses Axminster instead of Green Astro Turf.... How Posh, lol
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:34:39 PM »

Buchi Global
PRGR idBL
Mizuno TN 93
Mizuno TN 87
PRGR TR500
Titleist T-MB
PRGR is501
Driver: Callaway GBB 11* + Rogue Max LL 65x, 44".
FW: Callaway GBB 16* + Rogue Max ML 75x, 42".
FW: Callaway GBB 22* + Rogue Max ML 85x, 41".
Irons: Taylormade P730/P770 + KBS $-Taper stiff HSx1.
Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind 52/56/60 + KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 stiff.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

• Junior Ho
  • A duck hook can be your friend
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 04:50:12 PM »

Buchi Global
PRGR idBL
Mizuno TN 93
Mizuno TN 87
PRGR TR500
Titleist T-MB
PRGR is501

And how much is in his wallet?

Mjr. D

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 05:59:11 PM »
Are the TN-87s as legendary soft as everyone says?  Copper underlay?

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »
ian bingo...
l left out the prgr nabla tour.

took the 6  and pw  only on them all

these are all very good irons. wanted to test out the Cbs and see where I lie with them these days, not uised them In ages. was lokng at head shape and shaft choice.

buchi--ns 950
idbl--ns 2g18s
miz tn93--NS 1150 x sst pured.
miz aniversay tn87-dgs200
tr500--ctaper sx
titl  mbs--ns120s
is501..prgr steel  II m43
nabla tour --prgr steel   II m43

the shafts avid otakus,, maketh the difference!

as for heads, the feel on them all is very close. save for  the buchis which are by far the most firm.  the rest are  pretty much blanketed.

one thing  for sure is DGS200 is an acquired taste.
why miz wud build a set of  $4000 clubs and stick fricken dgs200 in them is mind boggling, just the most fkkn ridiculous choice of shaft  they cud make, were they hoping to save 100 bucks per set ?????

the guy who chose them needs a  reality check. what a waste!!!!!!!!

the buchis even with stock ns 950s are firm, very firm and deliver a mid AT BEST flight. thye were the biggest surprise of the night,  was hoping to love  them but they have a gooseneck  aqddress and are not quite right . something doesn't look spot on. the head looks hooded like tis closed ,which obv its not , but that's how it looks. Distance was ecxcellent  and dispersion was fantatic, I guess they wud feel better on the course without range balsl but you know what,m we hit   bridgestone balls at the range so they aint exactly range rox. granted they are heavier but they are pretty acceptable compared to the dross the rest of the world hits, so I get a decent comparison that's close to course conds.

the prgr idbl  were easily the most aggressive look at address. NO offset  to speak of  high toe, thin neck, they look all business, The shaft was the proto to the modus 130, that thing is TIGHT, I hit all cuts , I can hit a controlled cut like a wizard, ask me to draw a ball tho I look like a  clown!!!
 so I get to see with a cut how the ball hangs , its height and its distance better than a draw. its the perfect shot to judge, well  I cudnt get these to sing a lullaby let alone an opera.
these are tight... tight..tight...tight.. and lower than the rest. these have been my fave set of ages , but now........well im thinking a change is in the wind.

the ctapers, heavy , smooth, low to mid low. nad workable ,surprisingly more so than the ns 130s.
that  really surporised me,  these are super smooth , the exact opposite of  what  id ben thinking for ages, but on a balmy humid night, these felt good!! dispersion was superb, just a wee bit of fall away, and a ver ynice direct flight to the green, these don't want to wander, they want to be directed with authority, and uneed a pretty decent speed and or power to actrivate them to their full.  these really shone. the heads  don't needmentioning the tr500 are as good as any head ever made for   feel. outrageous feel.

the tn93s were soft yet firm, the shaft really firmed up the head and made them tight, theselost a bit of their attraction bec of the shaft for feel,, but they relly performed well , high  tight and mid weighted. they handle any swing I got then some. bit too much offset for my eye but they  don't sit back the line of the sole is where its spoed to be in line with the shaft not behind it  so it looks like a blade. its ultra moveable as well can picture any shot with these, very good  links clubs... Wundt play these a lot in high summer here when its moist or wet, too thin sole  they can  tend to dig a bit  ,but when u need a nice crisp clip these are EXCELLENT. great set of old bats, and a big step up for mthe dgs400 that were I nthem originally.

ahh the miz tn87. not the originals.. the anniversary models from 3 yrs  back, they released about 1500 sets  +/- been eyeing these off for yonks but dropping  k on a set  was ,,well, I think I got better things to do with 4k....
anyway ,, the dgs200 in the SUXGOAT BALLS.
they ruined what is clearly a fantastic set of heads when a nice set of just NS120s wud have made these pure as the driven snow.
 the heads................. get this masda lovers.............. are HIGHLY SIMILAR!!!!!!! I mean HIGHLY. shape is remarkably similar save for the toe relief, the look is whoa there!!!!! I know this  head. impact is guuuush, the bal gets lost on the face fro mteh centre  which is why I was no fkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkff  whay ddi they NOT put  a decent quality shaft  in this!!!!!  the 120s wud be all time. anyway I loved them nad am thinking seriously about getting them. yea they are worth a lot but not 4k!

now the real surprise  to me is the titleist t-mb,
 I don't like these, or I thought ididnt , I nfact is till done. they have a goosie as well but a very small one, shafted with ns120s.
my god these feel unfricken real, THE BEST match of the night. hate to say it, but I gotta admit it, PLUS.. they were the longest.  dispersion was EXCELLENT flight was great. ithink. ive just worked out  I like ns120s better thaqn everything else, there cant just be a coincidence when I play these I get longer distance, great feel nad  perfect performance,  long long think needed here. bec I almost went ok mine ill take these, love them ,but I just figured the shaft was easily as much to do with the  results as the heads and I don't like the look, the feel was THE  2nd BEST of them all, which leads me to the last set, which im still in shock by
the prgr is501, OFFSET, long blade,  tultra thin pretty much everything I don't like.
shated with  NS made for prgr 100 gram shaft   m43 its labeled as  and its bloody tight and mid flighted.not super high what so ever. the feel was insane, I don't know what the put in that head ,must be some kind of gel or dampening agent bec even the range rox felt like mushrooms, and  I cud get these to sing any tune iwanted, I need to go to therapy bec of all the head shapes I detest, theseare right at the top but .. I killed them. they even irk me to look at but when u hit ine, good god something changes.

one thing I know is the modus 120s is my preferd shaft now. it was clear.
  my swing is slow, methodical  and I power thru the ball whiuch suits the 120s much better than the others , I don't think my  slow transition activates the other shafts as well as the 120s,  I don't generate enough speed for them, and the feel of the  120s is addictive.
ahhhhh glad I did this test now not 3 yrs ago, wud have saved me thousands on  builds/shafts!!!!!!!

anyway gents, these are all super clubs,  if the buchis had a little straighter neck they wud be mine.
 the miz87s   ill prob get and reshaft at some stage.
the only other one ihit was  the nabla tours, with m43, they are evertying I hoped for  and more.
players cavity, small offset that isn't worrying, fantastic smooth feel, mid high flight. great distance and a pw that doesn't   look like it shud be  in a sandpit instead of a golf bag.

the nablas booked a spot to the links.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:37:09 AM by tsupo67 »
roddio s tuning 10.75*--diamana x 70s
Solid contacts 13* fd--diamana stinger 70x
Prgr egg18*-- diamana stinger 70xx
Masda v2  MB---NS proto 2g18x ss
prgr nabla  tr 51+ 57---ns  Wv125s
No name dom. Proto Lob wizard wedge 60* ns950s
Benock mallet
TS x01-z/bridgestone330b

Mjr. D

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 10:57:11 PM »
Best part of all of that - "one thing  for sure is DGS200 is an acquired taste.
why miz wud build a set of  $4000 clubs and stick fricken dgs200 in them is mind boggling, just the most fkkn ridiculous choice of shaft  they cud make, were they hoping to save 100 bucks per set ?????

the guy who chose them needs a  reality check. what a waste!!!!!!!!"

Absolutely hilarious and true!

Staxxx

• Junior Ho
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 11:12:40 PM »
The T-Mbs are awesome and really get a short shift shrift due to preconceived notions.
Would like to try those PRGR Nabla Tours some time.
How do Frog's Leap wedges compare to these....just curious.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 12:32:35 AM »
And yet for me the DG S200 are fantastic!!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

• Junior Ho
  • A duck hook can be your friend
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 02:04:43 AM »
Why all the hate for the DGS200?

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 02:37:11 AM »

Because they're cheap, but if they fit then they're the best shafts in the world
Driver: Callaway GBB 11* + Rogue Max LL 65x, 44".
FW: Callaway GBB 16* + Rogue Max ML 75x, 42".
FW: Callaway GBB 22* + Rogue Max ML 85x, 41".
Irons: Taylormade P730/P770 + KBS $-Taper stiff HSx1.
Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind 52/56/60 + KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 stiff.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

Sanader

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 03:51:48 AM »
Put in DG S200 in my irons recently.
Nothing fancy but I like them. Don't understand the hate either

(Guess Ian summed it up quite well)

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 03:59:29 AM »

Because they're cheap, but if they fit then they're the best shafts in the world

That sounds like the Farks philosophy ...

Expensive doesn't mean better, or does it?

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

Mjr. D

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »
What exactly does FARK stand for?

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Ultra Ho
  • This hobby is like my wife, no money left...
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »
What exactly does FARK stand for?
To the best of my knowledge FARK is not an acronym like FUBAR(Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition) or FUCK(For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge).  As I understand it however, it is a thinly veiled reference to the latter acronym as in Fark you, you Farking Fark...

But I could be wrong...