Author Topic: the winter proper golf bag .  (Read 2016 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
the winter proper golf bag .
« on: July 04, 2016, 01:52:47 AM »
Every july/aug I head back home for some proper golf.
stableford  proper  comp golf.
Usually 12-15 days of comp, no fricken about , its  comps every day and  its by far and away the highlight  of my golf year, i play links mainly with a cpl of tree lined ones thrown in for good measure to break it up but I mainly stay on the  plains.
Last year I played THE best golf of my career, I doubt ill ever go this good again consistantly  scoring  solid , its not easy popping form one country mid summer to another mid winter the conditions are vastly different, but I  was juast in the zone, I won A grade twice , an over all once,  had  5 seconds and one write off the second day I got there  ,I made  $300  smackers for the wifey to  lush it up at the club with  mum  on the balcony overlooking the sea, life was  allllll  good!
 The hcap  got smoked  form 8.1  to 3.3  in 2 weeks  with no more than 39  points   in any comp  but it was  in THE windiest conditions  on lightning greens I think ive ever  encountered, the stimp was running around 12-13  on  day 3 and4 and  the ball was bouncing OVER the flag stick  on  the  par 3 13th  with a 9 iron.
It was ridiculous stuff. chipping was insanely  difficult to make it stop.  In all my time hese were the most trging conditons. one day the  454 meter 15th par 5 was a driver 3 wood   strong wedge , the next it was a driver 4 iron.
was my best fun golfing ever.
im looking to do  it allllllllllllll over again in a cpl of weeks!

So...............,

I custom built a few drivers last year that went good , but didn't really  excel  to what I wanted.  they were not set up for the  wind as good as they cud be  and not set up for carry when its wet.  The irons were spot on, I basically just use the masda NS120x for  my links , bec i  get an extra club  length on each shot with them, they are really low  and  just mush it thru the puff..i  cant think of a better suited iron for  my hoe track . the other days when in travelling about  I used the honma tw  717m /NW 125s. I prefer  the  versatility of  these  but find the shaft ultra demanding  if im not 100% spot on.  they do play exceddingly well in summer so I may just swap them about and take the NS130s instead for a bit if height and drop stop. and a wee bit more ability to move  about.
 The heads are magnificent,  I can  visualize anything with them and when hiting the ball well, they are the  perfect club, feel is spot on. These have been my gamers for 2 seasons ant cant think to swapthem about, just the shaft needs addressing in winter a little bit of forgivness wont got astray.

the woods are a different kettle of fish....................

jbeam435 got hit a  lot and when it was good I kiiled it  with that one, but  the diamana X can be a tough master  my home course doesn't need  extra length it needs accuracy. if ur not on the fairway ur inthis stuff called  Parramatta grass  which I think  used to double  as a merkin I nthe 1930s,  and that is akin to purgatory sometimes you have to hit backwards to get out of the stuff, its the worst grass  in the universe on a golf course. So  this year its put down the cannon and reignite the accuracy. Ive been trialing a frew random bits and pieces this year and the ones that blew me away have been the Tmtp burner with bimatrix  and the callaway erc 3 with waccine 88gts. both pay short , like 44 and 44.5 inch both are deadly accurate, and  totally different pieces, the ERC is all high bombs the TMtp is a straithtliner head high, hit that fairway and roll...!!! cudnt think of anything better suited.
The big daddies can sit home and play on perfection wet moist , humid summer stuff, the super speccy ones are getting the nod for home. ive got the
There is only one other that will get played and that's the egg7 with diamana  aliisle 80x  for the  long  courses where ill need extra length .
its taken a while but I think ive finally found the formula to hit those shorties   with regularity and ensure an opportunity to score consistently at home.
length,  can be over estimated.

The fairway woods  ive nailed to the egg 16.5*  spoon with QFEX 75xs, simply t he best allroudner ive ever had made,  and the crazy f14 diamana x  not sure  what specs it was it was an abortion sent  to me  resembling  nothing like it was sposed to be, but my wizard salvaged it and made the best bomber  from a tee u cud possibly hope for. its the hammer.as an alternate  the ryoma f2 aliislei is there as well for some roll and length.

wedges wil be the prgr rs 51/57 with a a-grind I ya domo 59* for lobber.

putters will be rotated as usual but hard not to put the golds and yamada  in play most games.

so looking fwd to trying  to keep it up again , short tight and solid
love me some winter gorfuuuuu!
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • Chip 400!
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
Re: the winter proper golf bag .
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:37:30 PM »
Wow, that sounds so fun!  I'm in my season right now but nothing like that.  Still, nothing like needing to hot a shot and doing it...for 19 days!  Fantastic!
Technica Titan 420/Roddio WBWA 7s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
505 4-P Roddio i10s
213 52/58 Roddio i10s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest ProV1x

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 07:15:12 PM »
just thingking about my bag now.
 going to bring a cpl of sets of nice light shafted irons this time  so my back doesnt fall to pieces.

getting a set of fubuki  ai shafts  for a set of  honma 727 heads to  try out,  light super  tight  and  might save my ollllllllllllllllllllllld arms  a bit
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • Chip 400!
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 10:25:15 PM »
How'd it go?
Technica Titan 420/Roddio WBWA 7s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
505 4-P Roddio i10s
213 52/58 Roddio i10s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest ProV1x

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 01:58:50 AM »
just thingking about my bag now.
 going to bring a cpl of sets of nice light shafted irons this time  so my back doesnt fall to pieces.

getting a set of fubuki  ai shafts  for a set of  honma 727 heads to  try out,  light super  tight  and  might save my ollllllllllllllllllllllld arms  a bit

Did you get a set of the Fubuki's? I assume you mean the AX i425's? Great shafts.
Driver: Callaway XR SZ 8.5* + Oban Kiyoshi HB 65 05, 45".
FW: Callaway GBB 16* + FEX 75x, 42".
FW: Callaway GBB 21* + FEX 75 PROx, 41".
Irons: OnOff Forged 4i - PW + Accra Tour 110 TiMesh.
Wedges: Miura Giken WMF-06 49/53/58 + Black Gold x.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 07:30:54 PM »
the winter was 23*c............
shorts  and t-shirts

I used the  NS  big boyMac daddys the whole time, was insane!

the fubukis are def something I was  thinking about  for the northern winter season .
 im just not sure what heads  to match them with ....., 
everything I have is account for  right now  and the perfect match so unless I get another set of heads nad oust a set I already have ........ maybe   the agrind  cb r1 wud be a very good idea. of the prgr Mbs that just came out  but   truth be told the stock  ns (PRGR Slll) shafts do just as good a job as carbon.

I do have a set of agrind mb  heads that have no shaft, that might be an interesting build

green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »

hard to choose......,
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:54:19 AM by tsupo67 »
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 07:12:32 PM »

late autumn golf coming up in the islands.
cant wait. not played  in weeks.
not missed it actually.

taking a small armoury with me to quell my desires.

putters .. its now all about putters.............
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty