General Category > Allow Yourself to Introduce...Yourself

Hello from Sacto

(1/3) > >>

premazipp:
Hey all,
Happy to have found this site. I regularly drool over the JDM stuff. I LOVE blades!!! Here's what I currently have:
Adams MB2
Wishon 550M
'93 Ben Hogan Apex
'68 Ben Hogan Bounce Sole Plus 1

I broke 80 last summer for the first time, was able to do it a few times. My swing is so bad that I decided to change for a better long term game. It's been a long process, but I'm committed. Scores got up into the high 90's for a bit but have brought it back to the mid 80's, close to getting back into the 70's.
I started looking at JDM gear when I saw a picture of some Gauge Design MB irons, milling and all. If you have some you want to sell me let me know. I have NOT made a JDM purchase yet, yet... but I'm close.

Craig:
wow the 68 Bounce soles
I am a big fan of the old Hogans

freehb:
Keep plugging prema, it's a never ending cycle.  I started golf late in life as well, can identify.  On the other side of some changes myself and it was all worth it.  That said, at your level I really can't stress enough that blades are no good for you.  I used to be a 7 hcp, then a 15...now sorta playing down in that 7 range but carrying a 10 (trend is not good for my tournament prospects)...I have dabbled with quite a few sets of blades and forged players cb's and while the good rounds are still good with those clubs, the poor ball striking rounds are punished.  Since I put the 703s in the bag I break 80 more than 50% of the time and for me that's good golf and more importantly fun golf!

wmclarenf1:
Welcome.

If you're referring to the GD MB1, that's the best from them IMO.  Soft and very forgiving for a blade.

kl:
Welcome!  Don't listen to Harry's hogwash. ;D  If you love blades, keep playing them. They're the ultimate game improvement club in my book.  An old 2i can substitute for a lot of money spent on lessons.  Can't bring myself to play a CB - the trailing edge of a long iron is a sight I've long hated.

Anyway, I've got a bunch.  Always feel free to reach out with thoughts/questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version