Author Topic: M2 irons and FW  (Read 5647 times)

akapur

• Super Ho
  • Looking forward to 2016
M2 irons and FW
« on: February 22, 2016, 08:14:47 AM »
My son and I visited our club builder to try out the M2 offerings for this year. I have the M1 driver and used it at the end of last season and plan on starting the spring season with it.
We both hit about 30 balls on the LM with the M2 7 iron. The club was shafted with a Project X 6.0 shaft. This is the shaft my son prefers so for convenience sake with both hit the same club.
 My club builder's LM is slightly jacked to give better numbers then real world results. Given that, we are usually about 5yards longer on his LM then when hitting on the range or course.
I went first. 3 of the 30 shots were not included in the averages as they were bad strokes. The other 27 were used. Ball flight was mid. Distance average was 185yard with a long of 192 total. The ball was dead straight on each and everyone of the 27 good strokes. I mean dead on the pin. I couldn't get the ball to move at all, my normal ball flight is a baby cut and this iron would only go straight at the pin.
My son had all 30 balls included in his average. Distance averaged at 195 with a long of 204yards total. His ball flight was slightly lower then mine.  He normally hits a Baby draw, but he couldn't get the ball to move no matter how hard he tried it only stayed straight.He could only hit the ball off to the right by 3-4 yards.
These irons go straight and for crazy distances. However they feel awful and sound worse. Neither of us felt as if we could use the on a regular basis. This set of irons are truly GI and are meant for golfers who only are concerned with distances.
We also hit the 3w with both the stock stiff shaft and the Rogue Silver 60S shaft
The results between the two shafts were very comparable so for ease sake i will combine the results
Distance on avg for me was 245yards off the tee and 230 off the mat
My son averaged 255yards off the tee and 240 off the matt. Sound and feel were both acceptable for us. This club may make it into my bag for the spring season. My son decided it was not significantly better then the G30 3W he uses now.
The M2 set of clubs are definitely long and straight clubs. Even though the irons are not for us the FW may be a winner to complement the M1 that i already have.
Taylormade M1 440 Atmos Stiff Blue shaft
2011 PRGR Egg with Rogue Black Stiff
Glorious 5W with Rogue Stiff
4PW PXG Dark with Modus 120S
Crazy Regensis 52/58 with Crazy Graphite
Bradley Putters Custom Putter

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Re: M2 irons and FW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:54:35 PM »
Interesting and thanks for sharing. Doesn't surprise me that the irons felt like crap. Ever since the rocketbladez came out the TM irons are just automatic. Like cheating. But still just not gratifying to play unfortunately. The RSI TP weren't too bad but they give up a lot of the point and shoot aspects of the bigger GI versions that feel like crap. Always tradeoffs.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »
M2 sounds interesting!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 04:57:41 PM »
Well not surprising that the m2 irons are long. The lofts are crazy jacked up. Can't remember specs.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56° Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60° Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

hardboiled

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 06:23:39 AM »
Check out Rick Shiels review on the M2 irons.  Quite funny as he's quite confused on the irons. The 7 iron loft was pretty much the same as a normal 6 iron from memory.
JBeam ZY-11 / Crazy Boron
TM M2 Tour 3HL / GD Di8s
TM 4 HY / Oban Kiyoshi Purple
PXG 0311T 4-W / Steelfibers 110
Callaway Mack Daddy 52
Callaway PM Grind 58
Yamada Razor

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 06:44:30 AM »
Check out Rick Shiels review on the M2 irons.  Quite funny as he's quite confused on the irons. The 7 iron loft was pretty much the same as a normal 6 iron from memory.

Rick Shiels does some great reviews. Good to watch.

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 08:44:25 AM »
I actually offered him to review my S-Yard T.388 a while back. Would have been funny to actually see some numbers in comparison. He refused by the way. 
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56° Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60° Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »
I actually offered him to review my S-Yard T.388 a while back. Would have been funny to actually see some numbers in comparison. He refused by the way.

I wonder WHY?

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 11:15:52 AM »
I'll just leave this here:

http://youtu.be/fX3aSfM0Rj8

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 07:11:15 PM »
Hahaha, that guy is a bit of a tool, golfer girl has some game though...I'm amending my New Years resolution...instead of quitting smoking I'm gonna try a usdm club this year...it's been a while so it's time...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 09:08:31 AM »
Hahaha, that guy is a bit of a tool, golfer girl has some game though...I'm amending my New Years resolution...instead of quitting smoking I'm gonna try a usdm club this year...it's been a while so it's time...

Hit what ever Works for you mate...

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case