Author Topic: M1 Driver  (Read 16428 times)

wardhr

• Fledgling Ho
Re: M1 Driver
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 09:45:41 PM »

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 09:54:40 PM »
Yeah the M1 is really a good driver. The King LTD is very good as well. I seem to have mostly settled into JDM forgings but USDM driver and usually 3W.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 07:09:33 AM »
very interesting comparisons between M1 and M2
http://www.golfwrx.com/364228/head-to-head-test-taylormade-m1-and-m2-drivers/

Very Interesting Vid.

I guess Potentially the M1 could be Dailed in more to help/aid the Optimum Spin?
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

akapur

• Super Ho
  • Looking forward to 2016
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 11:26:32 AM »
I have had the M1 with a Rogue shaft since it came out in the fall of last year. All the comments are correct about it.
The Driver is long and very forgiving! As most here i usually prefer the feel and sound of JDM drivers, and over the years have had many long forgiving drivers. This M1 is easier to hit and longer then any I have tried. The sound and feel not so great but the performance is great.
As far as the adjustability , I was told that the Draw/ Fade portion should be adjusted according to where you strike the face with the ball and not if you are looking to correct a swing flaw. If you strike the ball closer to the toe you would move the slider in that direction and vice versa if you strike it closer to the heel. This gives you more weight behind where you make contact.
As for the spin best to start in the neutral position and using either a LM or watching ball flight correct for the spin.
For me the Draw/Fade weight is set to the heal and the spin is set to the lowest setting(slider all the way to the front)
Taylormade M1 440 Atmos Stiff Blue shaft
2011 PRGR Egg with Rogue Black Stiff
Glorious 5W with Rogue Stiff
4PW PXG Dark with Modus 120S
Crazy Regensis 52/58 with Crazy Graphite
Bradley Putters Custom Putter

Mpuk

• I'm hoing it up ;)
  • Super Ho
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 12:25:27 PM »
Hey Ash,

Thanks for your posting as the draw/fade weight makes perfect sense but it took someone to say for me to twig.

I still have your wedge but ashamed to say that I haven't had chance to take it for a spin despite having it so long.

Although, that is something I will be rectifying soon so thanks again for being one of the nicest guys on the planet :)

I am sold, I'm getting a M1 but now can't decide if I should spend double and get a Tour Issue one with exact loft and face angle.
TM M1 440 9.5* & Matrix RulZ Type C 70
Adams XTD Ti 16* Hybrid & Fubuki AX 400h
Titleist 718 T-MB 20* (3i) / Ping i200 (4/UW) &
Modus 105
Cobra King Pur 56* Versatile & 56* Wide Low Modus 125 Wedge
Odyssey O Works #2
Golf Pride MCC Black/White grips

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »
For those on the fence about an M1 or any usdm/adjustable driver in general, may I recommend the Bridgestone j715 B3. I like to think it's a cross between a jdm (looks/feel) and usdm (adjustability/r&d) driver. For some reason you can't buy this in the USA??
Review coming soon.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »
Hey Ash,

Thanks for your posting as the draw/fade weight makes perfect sense but it took someone to say for me to twig.

I still have your wedge but ashamed to say that I haven't had chance to take it for a spin despite having it so long.

Although, that is something I will be rectifying soon so thanks again for being one of the nicest guys on the planet :)

I am sold, I'm getting a M1 but now can't decide if I should spend double and get a Tour Issue one with exact loft and face angle.

What's the Tour Edition?

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case

akapur

• Super Ho
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 02:18:39 PM »
Hey Ash,

What's the Tour Edition?
Dale
You can get a tour van or tour issue model. The loft is usually spec on and the FA tends to be open. Many of these are often sold on WRX

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »
Hey Ash,

What's the Tour Edition?
Dale
You can get a tour van or tour issue model. The loft is usually spec on and the FA tends to be open. Many of these are often sold on WRX

Is it also true that the Face is hotter due to them been closer to the COR thing?

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case

Duffer19

• Super Ho
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
I have 3 Epons and 2 Ryoma Maxima with all the exotic shafts but now my gamer is the M1 with Evo 2.  It is not necessarily the longest or longer but easily the most forgiving hence much more playable then others.  When you are able to put the ball in play more often than the other drivers, be it longer or shorter, the game is more enjoyable.  It is also by far the cheapest driver I own now.
GP 1 minute with Diamana DF/XXIO Black with Waccine GR350
Katana Voltio III 13* (iffy)
Ryoma 2U, 3U, 4U and 5U
Grindworks DP 6-AW with Fire Express Spirit I-65
Epon Tour Wedge 54 with MCI solid
Titleist Forged 58*
Yamada Burning Copper Shogun

Mpuk

• I'm hoing it up ;)
  • Super Ho
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 02:56:32 PM »
Dale,

If you want a hot face then you are better going with the off the shelf as the quality control isn't as exact so you may get one that goes beyond allowed limits. Tour Issue will mean it meets the the laws of golf.

You have to watch the tour stuff though as you generally get the stuff the pro's don't want, generally way open face angles.

TM M1 440 9.5* & Matrix RulZ Type C 70
Adams XTD Ti 16* Hybrid & Fubuki AX 400h
Titleist 718 T-MB 20* (3i) / Ping i200 (4/UW) &
Modus 105
Cobra King Pur 56* Versatile & 56* Wide Low Modus 125 Wedge
Odyssey O Works #2
Golf Pride MCC Black/White grips

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 03:38:33 PM »
Dale,

If you want a hot face then you are better going with the off the shelf as the quality control isn't as exact so you may get one that goes beyond allowed limits. Tour Issue will mean it meets the the laws of golf.

You have to watch the tour stuff though as you generally get the stuff the pro's don't want, generally way open face angles.

Ahhhh.
Off the shelf it is then!

Now what shaft ??

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case

akapur

• Super Ho
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »
Dale,

Ahhhh.

Now what shaft ??

Evo 2?

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »
Dale did you get this brand new? As far as I'm aware, you could get the Speeder 661 as a no cost upgrade.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
Dale,

Ahhhh.

Now what shaft ??

Evo 2?

Got the Evo 2 TS in the Kamui, it works well!

Might get one for the M1

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case