Author Topic: GOLDS FACTORY MODIFICATION THREAD.  (Read 3689 times)

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Re: GOLDS FACTORY MODIFICATION THREAD.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 07:39:08 PM »
Really liking the shin but the badge on the back is starting to irritate me...what do u think gf could do to it?  How much would it cost?

Refinish it or replace with the inserts should be possible and the cost is depend on the design and material.

Thank you captain obvious!

Not sure if there are any Shin modified at GF yet but would be interesting to see one

For sure toki...fo sho!
155/basialpha60x
15.6spoon/f7s
18.6cleek/waccinecompogr77s
21hyute/lunar8
705 5-A/muziikbangvoo90s
213 53.5/60/muziikbangvoo90s
Evenroll mallet
Titliest AVX

tokidoki1986

• Super Ho
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 11:18:33 PM »
Really liking the shin but the badge on the back is starting to irritate me...what do u think gf could do to it?  How much would it cost?

Refinish it or replace with the inserts should be possible and the cost is depend on the design and material.

Thank you captain obvious!

Not sure if there are any Shin modified at GF yet but would be interesting to see one

For sure toki...fo sho!

This is how he turn funny Futura into sexier putter

1dirtypanda

• Junior Ho
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 12:50:37 AM »
Just a point of clarification..

I'm not saying to be a putter maker you have to forge your own billet. I'm saying to be a putter maker, you design and mill from a raw billet up and not work off someone else's design. 

I'm not aware Sasaya does this.  All of his work I believe works off other putters eg SC, Gauge, Odyssey etc.

And I'll say again that I agree for MODIFICATION, Sasaya is damn good if you like that bling style.  I just take major issue to the strong inference that he is a putter maker like how he was wrongfully and in a very misleading fashion pitched as in the past.

i've got to agree with A here. IMO GF is master PIMP artist, but not a "putter maker". Just like cars.... there are plenty of really nice cars such as Ford Mustang, BMWs, Nissan Skyline, Honda Civics and then there are the tuners Carrol Shelby for Mustangs, Dinan for BMW, tons of import tuners Fast and Furious style for the Skyline and Civics.  Seems like Sasya-san is of the latter and not the former (nothing wrong with that at all).  A Ford Mustang (to some) or any old BMW is already a really decent performing car in of itself off of the factory line, but they can get pimped and blinged out by a tuner and really bring out it's full potential performance.

Does Sasaya-san have a bridgeport mill or CNC milling machine and mill his own heads and create his own head designs (or ok fine, copy designs like almost everyone with the anser style)? Does he CAD/CAM designs out? Does he come up with his own head designs like Machine (industrial styles) or Lumpy (garage style) does? I'm sure these machines are expensive and maybe take up a lot of space? Not saying he couldn't or doesn't have the skills. I'm sure he could.

I'm fairly new to the custom putter world - reading up and learning each day. I have my Machine being worked on and as with A worked on it with Dave and saw each step of the way from the design (it's a mod on one of his default design heads), to the billet and the first cuts. I've been to his shop where he has the long slabs of steel and I've seen his milling machines. In fact, I did a putter fitting with Dave on SAM puttlab and he saw my stroke and tendencies and he was able to figure out what type of putter shape, hosel offset and length to use.  To me a custom putter maker will show me the billet and each step of the way. I've seen pics online of Machine's, Lasjosi's, Byron's, Xenon, Mannkrafted  all on the milling machines and to me that's custom putter making (even if it's making a copy of anser styles dale heads, 009s, don't know them all, etc.). I'm sure you can work with any one of these guys and give them a drawing or explanation and they can probably CAD it up and mill it for you and nail the exact design and weight.  A probably has the most experience here. :) I'm guessing A saw the slab of damascus for his Vivere.

Then there's a thread on the other site about Piretti's.... While I like some of their putter design's (at least the 1st run CU and I like some of their stampings), until I see some customer's special custom order on the milling machine being cut I don't think they're truly a custom putter maker. I haven't seen a pic of GF putter from a steel billet yet either and as such I wouldn't call him a putter maker.   

But I do have to say I love NMG's GF putter. That is one siiiiick design.