Author Topic: what are you drinking now?! The Liquor Spirits , firewater booze thread.  (Read 16599 times)

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Edward 40Hands is a knockoff of the movie Edward Scissorhands. Each participant allows someone to duct tape a 40 oz bottle of malt liquor like Colt .45 or Olde English 800 to each of your hands and you can't have them taken off until you've drank them entirely, gotten sick, or passed out.

It was popular about 10 years ago in the U.S. at college parties. It was a little after I was in school, I learned of it through my younger brother and cousin when I visited them at college.

I still remember waking up and stumbling out into the living room and some random dude was passed out in a papasan chair with two half full 40s still taped to his hands. Hadn't spilled a drop!!!
TI Taylormade 16 M2 w/ TI Rogue 125 60TS
Ping G400 3 Wood w/UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* w/Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 22* Driving Iron w/ Aero i95
13 ONOFF Forged 5-P w/ Modus 125
Forged Vokey 52F/56K Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM 60*
Odyssey SaberTooth (cheater putter)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
oh my god.
i have no words for that behaoviour!!!!!!!!

scandellous.

this is why noone ever remembers   playng golf with me on my bullet train trips!!!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

Xxio

• Fledgling Ho
Carlo,

Have you tried this, since you like malts aged in casks? Glen then extra matured in a sauternes cask.

Deciding whether to bring it to Manila for a party in 3weeks or just for my every other night 2 drinks before bed.

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
Carlo,

Have you tried this, since you like malts aged in casks? Glen then extra matured in a sauternes cask.

Deciding whether to bring it to Manila for a party in 3weeks or just for my every other night 2 drinks before bed.

It's a good one. I have the same bottle. If you like sweet notes this is for you.
They finish this in barrels used to age Sauternes / desert wines so you get that
Sweet aftertaste. No need to ice down
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 19* Crazy CBI 80s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 Aw Diamana OT 105s,  TW /54/58
G-filed Leap M

Scratch2Plus

• Junior Ho
I've been hitting the Bourbon lately on the golf course. I found out the hard way that the single malts messes me up too much when drinking it on the GC.
Found a nice flask (canteen) for the golf course.  :D
Hasn't affected my scores so I'm all in...
Some of my favorites...
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig small batch
Eagle Rare
Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
I've been hitting the Bourbon lately on the golf course. I found out the hard way that the single malts messes me up too much when drinking it on the GC.
Some of my favorites...
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig small batch
Eagle Rare

I can't drink anything hard on the golf course! The occasional
Beer if I'm playing bad.
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Some of my favorites...
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig small batch
Eagle Rare

It will...I started getting saucey on the GC a couple months ago...now having a hard time stopping...hcap up 2 points and mrs free angry...
155/basialpha60x
15.6spoon/f7s
18.6cleek/waccinecompogr77s
21hyute/lunar8
705 5-A/muziikbangvoo90s
213 53.5/60/muziikbangvoo90s
Evenroll mallet
Titliest AVX

akapur

• Super Ho
  • Looking forward to 2016
Some of my favorites...
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig small batch
Eagle Rare

Beer if I'm playing bad.

I also stopped drinking hard liquor on the course as it became too hard to finish a round. My drink of choice was Bombay Sapphire and Tonic.
Now its the occasional beer during and real drinks after.
Taylormade M1 440 Atmos Stiff Blue shaft
2011 PRGR Egg with Rogue Black Stiff
Glorious 5W with Rogue Stiff
4PW PXG Dark with Modus 120S
Crazy Regensis 52/58 with Crazy Graphite
Bradley Putters Custom Putter

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Bombay sapphire and tonic used to be my cocktail of choice...the scotch delivers a serious hangover these days...I can't finish a round on the sauce either...1 or 2 beers will usually shake me out of a slump but it also means a double double finish...
155/basialpha60x
15.6spoon/f7s
18.6cleek/waccinecompogr77s
21hyute/lunar8
705 5-A/muziikbangvoo90s
213 53.5/60/muziikbangvoo90s
Evenroll mallet
Titliest AVX

Scratch2Plus

• Junior Ho
Man up Free! Haha, Ive been doing just fine with the bourbon on the course. Handicap actually went slightly down for a change.
Nothing drastic, just a few tenths. Now with the single malt scotch, that would be a mess. Tried it a few times and it was ugly.
Rhoudylax is also a BIG no no for the golf game, lol. Tried it and failed miserably. Never again.
Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
Some of my favorites...
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig small batch
Eagle Rare

Beer if I'm playing bad.

I also stopped drinking hard liquor on the course as it became too hard to finish a round. My drink of choice was Bombay Sapphire and Tonic.
Now its the occasional beer during and real drinks after.

yeah its the drinks after that i look forward to. my group are all into single malt.
we keep bottles in our lockers and loser of our matches always cracks a bottle for
the group. luckily for us the biggest loser is always a certain mate of ours that is
known for his JDM whisky no E

his locker is devoid of anything golf
aside from a couple of tees and sunblock.
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
I Usually drink 3 beers during our Monday league round.

This week we were 1.5 points out of 3rd place and with 3 weeks to go still in striking distance to make the top match in the position round sept 14. We're playing the last place team and planning on cleaning house but were giving 2 shots a hole.

Definitely feeling a little shaky, 3 putted #1 for a bogey. Tugged a long iron approach OOB on #2 and carded a double. We lost both holes. Since we were still close to the clubhouse we ran up and got more beer just to be safe, and I did a shot of tequila while I waited for the cooler to be filled. Shot even the next 7 holes for a 39. Partner shot 39 as well.

Sadly we lost 9.5-2.5 and effectively ended our chances of making a push. Pretty tough to beat guys that shoot 43/48 when you're giving them 18 strokes! But at least I know what I need to do in the future as a slump buster lol. I also made closest to pin on par 3 7th which is somehow the first time I'd ever done so.
Callaway PM 60*

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
I Usually drink 3 beers during our Monday league round.

This week we were 1.5 points out of 3rd place and with 3 weeks to go still in striking distance to make the top match in the position round sept 14. We're playing the last place team and planning on cleaning house but were giving 2 shots a hole.

Definitely feeling a little shaky, 3 putted #1 for a bogey. Tugged a long iron approach OOB on #2 and carded a double. We lost both holes. Since we were still close to the clubhouse we ran up and got more beer just to be safe, and I did a shot of tequila while I waited for the cooler to be filled. Shot even the next 7 holes for a 39. Partner shot 39 as well.

Sadly we lost 9.5-2.5 and effectively ended our chances of making a push. Pretty tough to beat guys that shoot 43/48 when you're giving them 18 strokes! But at least I know what I need to do in the future as a slump buster lol. I also made closest to pin on par 3 7th which is somehow the first time I'd ever done so.

good for you! league sounds fun! i can't imagine tequila and golf.
our yearly club championship i was in the finals on 2 occasions and was
so nervous on the first playoff hole i had two shots of shochu behind the trees.
i then proceed to tee off and duck hook it into the ob. luckily the ball bounced back
in and i was back in play! long story short i don't fare well with booze on the course
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
It is a really fun league. Monday night is pretty laid back. Thursday night is more cutthroat. We have 20 teams in our league so we play a round robin schedule, then have a league tournament and a final position round to determine final rankings followed by a ribeye steak dinner and beverages. Lots of good guys in the league and we are starting to get some more younger guys the last couple years. Some good rivalries have developed or been going on for many years. Lots of side bets and good natured trash talking, etc. I look forward to it each and every week of golf season. If we win our match I take home pizza. If we lose we eat leftovers. 😁
Callaway PM 60*

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
It is a really fun league. Monday night is pretty laid back. Thursday night is more cutthroat. We have 20 teams in our league so we play a round robin schedule, then have a league tournament and a final position round to determine final rankings followed by a ribeye steak dinner and beverages. Lots of good guys in the league and we are starting to get some more younger guys the last couple years. Some good rivalries have developed or been going on for many years. Lots of side bets and good natured trash talking, etc. I look forward to it each and every week of golf season. If we win our match I take home pizza. If we lose we eat leftovers. 😁

What's the typical league bag look like?
You one of the fee sporting JDM?
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M