Author Topic: Callaway PM wedge  (Read 8418 times)

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Re: Callaway PM wedge
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
Yeah for me it's not a full swing club at all. It just by design seems hard to hit down/deloft it enough to get any distance out of it. I have a very specific distance of about 40 yards and in that I use it for pretty much everything. It's just a very intuitive club for me on touch shots from all kinds of lies. Have played a lot this summer and had it in the bag the whole time and can only think of a couple bad shots with it, a bit of a skull and a chili dip. It's honestly one of the few clubs I've ever owned that made a real and noticeable improvement in my scoring.

But outside of 40 yards I'm hitting my CF Vokey every time.

Vegaman

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 09:20:01 AM »
I am really liking the sound of this club. I think I will look for a 60* to complement my Iyo-Domo 51/56 combination.....

Don't want to threadjack, but how are those Iyo-Domo wedges? Saw them the other day and for a moment considered getting one of them. Or both!

Staxxx

• Junior Ho
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2015, 09:35:18 AM »
Art gives good reviews and hope he chimes in. For me, they work. I like them from dry sand (not good to get the club under wet sand) and I use the 56* which is very versatile from chip and runs from the green edge to 50 yards. The 51 is between 90 - 100 yards for me. They can feel a little heavy. But they spin like demons if you play them well.