Author Topic: Rhody's never ending story  (Read 23759 times)

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
Re: Rhody's never ending story
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2016, 07:27:57 AM »
howd u like that amsda blade  putter ?
 I keep baulking at it  but never seem to bite, I like its look ad balance.

Thing putts beautifully.  I got mine used, so not sure if some of the flaws are mfg or original owner.  I am leaning towards original owner simply because of the fit and finish on the irons but can't be sure...  Stock grip needs to be changed out though.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2019, 08:05:04 AM »
Pulled out the Masda's this week with the 120x Attas tours.  Still an amazing set of clubs and amonsgt my favorites for pure performance on course.  Sadly, I am aging and after almost a year off am too out of shape to handle them effectively this season.  Need to wait to later in the season when my body is better equipped and I've steroided up a little.

Think I will pull out the Srixon/Thump set for next week as it is a much easier swinging club.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2019, 09:55:46 PM »
Good to see you posting here again.  Glad it was the foot and not the finger.... :-)
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2019, 02:17:32 PM »
Good to see you posting here again.  Glad it was the foot and not the finger.... :-)
Thanks

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2019, 12:38:42 AM »
Welcome back!

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2019, 08:08:44 AM »

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2019, 10:19:16 AM »
Think I will pull out the Srixon/Thump set for next week as it is a much easier swinging club.

Been playing the Srixon/Thump combos this week and am seeing a very different profile to the Attas.  The Thump shaft, while not as demanding as the Attas, I still have to complete the whole swing or I will end up with a tailed off fade.  On incomplete swings, as opposed to partial, the Thumps play as though they are a tad too stiff.  From ball flight perspective the combo is playing similarly to a previous Miura BB/Super Peening Blue build that was my entry into JDM.

The ball flight rises more linearly and then falls from the sky with decent stopping power.  Also, I have lost about a club length's distance from the Attas/Masda combo

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2019, 11:37:26 AM »
So here is the new bag as it exists today.  Put the Labo OP-2 putter, a trio of S-Yard bold wedges, an old Miura Precious Edition 5 wood, and a 22* RR iBrid Chapter 2 along with the Labo MB-247D and RD-390...

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2020, 09:27:00 PM »
Been playing the Epon P2s to start of this year and I have been testing the Roddio Compact driver and U2 utility.  Gonna switch irons over to the Thump/Srixon combo for a little bit while I wait for the Yam 020s to come across the Pacific.

I need to get some rounds under my belt and start cycling through combos.  My goal for the end of the season is to whittle down the harem some and rebuild combos.  I might be shelving some 4-irons to allow for soft stepping where I can't get matching shaft.  Roddio discontinued the I series iron shaft, or at least the i10 is not being made any more.  Similarly, the Waccine GR88 is gone so I can't get something for the 4 iron there either.

Drivers, fairways, an UTs will be part of this process too, but I think I know the ones I'm gonna hang on to and just go through shaft selection. 

Wedges are in a similar boat but those will be driven by the irons I keep in many cases as I have tuned the wedges to fit into the setups I play.

Gonna be an interesting process...

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2020, 10:17:14 PM »
Subscribed. Good luck to you sir.

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2020, 02:31:34 AM »
Been playing the Epon P2s to start of this year and I have been testing the Roddio Compact driver and U2 utility.  Gonna switch irons over to the Thump/Srixon combo for a little bit while I wait for the Yam 020s to come across the Pacific.

I need to get some rounds under my belt and start cycling through combos.  My goal for the end of the season is to whittle down the harem some and rebuild combos.  I might be shelving some 4-irons to allow for soft stepping where I can't get matching shaft.  Roddio discontinued the I series iron shaft, or at least the i10 is not being made any more.  Similarly, the Waccine GR88 is gone so I can't get something for the 4 iron there either.

Drivers, fairways, an UTs will be part of this process too, but I think I know the ones I'm gonna hang on to and just go through shaft selection. 

Wedges are in a similar boat but those will be driven by the irons I keep in many cases as I have tuned the wedges to fit into the setups I play.

Gonna be an interesting process...

I'll start saving some cash now whilst in lockdown.

Compared to the weather you guys in the north east US are experiencing, ours in the UK is stunning. I think mother nature is taking the piss......

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2020, 06:36:37 AM »
[
I'll start saving some cash now whilst in lockdown.

Compared to the weather you guys in the north east US are experiencing, ours in the UK is stunning. I think mother nature is taking the piss......

Considering mother nature has cleansed some air and water pollution, started fixing the hole in the ozone and animals are returning to places they used to go I'd say this is more prison rape.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2020, 02:42:04 PM »
As mentioned in the What Did You Pick Up Today thread, I recently acquired a loft and lie bending machine.  That coupled with watching a You Tube video about lie angles, I might not be SS my irons this season after all.  Put a couple of sets on the machine to measure and would seem almost every iron is 1*-2.5* flat.  That explains the power fade on so many shots.

While my season objective is still the same, kick the ugly prude bitches out of the harem, I am going to add adjust loft and lies before putting a bag in rotation.

Played a couple of rounds with the Srixon/Thump combo and had some really good ball striking holes.  It's early in the season so am happy with a few holes being proper.  Got home and put them on the machine and they were pretty close to my spec, with the exception of the 3&4 irons.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2020, 10:33:36 AM »
Bent the Labo MB-247/OTI 100x to the proper lie angles yesterday and brought them to the course this morning.  No more fade, straight as an arrow and fairly long.  Quite happy I might not have to rebuild everything, but dreading the day that I do.

Also, now that I ordered some S flex iron shafts I think I'm gonna hard step them into the Yam 020 or PRGR Tune 01, should I ever receive them.

Have the Labo 247 wedges in a 52/58 set, but with the 46* PW I bent the 52 down to 50.  Next, tested bending an ONOFF forged 58/10 down to 54* so am assuming the bounce is at 6*.  If that continues to work, I will reshaft it with the OTI.

The bag now consists of the Labo RD390 driver, Labo F358 18* wood, a 21* Fairway Wings Type S utility, Labo 247 blades and wedges along with the above mentioned 54* and anchored with the Gold's modded Labo OP2 putter.

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2020, 02:55:38 PM »
Check you out Mr Club Builder. Can I have your cast off's.....pretty please.
 :P