Author Topic: RomaRo Chapter 2 i-Brid  (Read 8033 times)

Mpuk

• I'm hoing it up ;)
  • Super Ho
Re: RomaRo Chapter 2 i-Brid
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 09:35:01 PM »
I play X stiff in graphite and stiff in steel but I was actually thinking of going X stiff irons too but this post has me thinking.
A 107mph SS is S to SX.  I avg ~110mph and play predominantly SX shafts, with the exception of some GD shafts and the Quadra UT 85.  GD tend to play looser to flex and on the Quadra UT front by not tipping I am effectively playing them looser to flex..
Matt said something that made me think. I think Steve is a smooth swinger that is why the Roddio suit and therefore, SX is fine for him while I'm aggressive therefore, a butt stiff shaft works well with my swing and why X Flex doesn't bother me.

From some good advice from Art, I think I will be trying out the 2015 Basileus AAA 70 X as it plays slightly softer to flex and would be a good rest to see if my game can benefit from a slightly weaker flex.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:37:26 PM by Mpuk »
TM M1 440 9.5* & Matrix RulZ Type C 70
Adams XTD Ti 16* Hybrid & Fubuki AX 400h
Titleist 718 T-MB 20* (3i) / Ping i200 (4/UW) &
Modus 105
Cobra King Pur 56* Versatile & 56* Wide Low Modus 125 Wedge
Odyssey O Works #2
Golf Pride MCC Black/White grips

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 10:06:58 PM »
I play X stiff in graphite and stiff in steel but I was actually thinking of going X stiff irons too but this post has me thinking.
A 107mph SS is S to SX.  I avg ~110mph and play predominantly SX shafts, with the exception of some GD shafts and the Quadra UT 85.  GD tend to play looser to flex and on the Quadra UT front by not tipping I am effectively playing them looser to flex..
Matt said something that made me think. I think Steve is a smooth swinger that is why the Roddio suit and therefore, SX is fine for him while I'm aggressive therefore, a butt stiff shaft works well with my swing and why X Flex doesn't bother me.

From some good advice from Art, I think I will be trying out the 2015 Basileus AAA 70 X as it plays slightly softer to flex and would be a good rest to see if my game can benefit from a slightly weaker flex.

Fyi, as another anecdotal guide, a member here shared with me that for his 112-114 ss, he found the basi alpha 60X too soft.  Don't know whether he is a swinger or hitter.  Also bear in mind that is the 80t alpha and 60+grams.  As they go up in weight, the same flex will be stiffer and the AAA 2015 could be a totally different beast altogether due to the additinal toray component.
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-JadeAdller-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 09:10:53 AM »
Just hit the course after work yesterday for a quick 9. Arrived just in time and had no time to warm up. First hole and first short I took out the Romaro Chapter 2 with MCI80S to hit it off the tee. Was really surprised in how solid it felt. More iron like than utility from a feel point of view. Was not expecting that. Seems to be just about longer than my PRGR Egg iron (same loft), but not by much. Need more time to see.
Hit just two more shots with it the rest of the round, but so far so good. I still need more time with it, but so far so good. This could be staying in the bag. Will report back once I have more rounds in.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56į Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60į Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2020, 08:12:43 AM »
Finally got one of these a while back with a Crazy branded KBS hybrid shaft in it. Absolutely love it. We have a long par 3 at my club that plays as long as 210-215 and itís often into the wind. I think Iíve hit that green every time but once since I got it. 😬 Love the feel!

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2020, 07:56:49 PM »
This stick has been absolute money for me since I put it in the bag. Such a solid feel and strong flight and doesnít want to hook like most hybrids. Seems like every time I take it out of the bag I hit a really nice shot with it. I kinda hate that it has a steel shaft in it but at least it has a Crazy shaft band on it and the results canít be argued with. 😂

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2020, 04:17:21 AM »
This stick has been absolute money for me since I put it in the bag. Such a solid feel and strong flight and doesnít want to hook like most hybrids. Seems like every time I take it out of the bag I hit a really nice shot with it. I kinda hate that it has a steel shaft in it but at least it has a Crazy shaft band on it and the results canít be argued with. 😂

If it ain't broke an all that...