Author Topic: Baldo Brassy  (Read 8639 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Baldo Brassy
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 09:08:13 PM »
Damn.. at setup, I think the Ryoma FWs look bigger than this.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:25:23 AM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 03:06:26 AM »
I love the 'exhausts' on the sole. Will they give you more club head speed?
Driver: jBEAM Glorious 10.5* + Motore VT 7.0x, 45.5", MCC Plus 4.
HY: Fourteen UT716 1i/3i/5i + Thump h90x, 39"-42", MCC Plus 4.
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - gw + Accra Tour Ti Mesh, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura WMF-06 53*/58* + BG

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 03:15:01 AM »
Turbocharged Golf Head!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

kl

• Super Ho
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 08:58:31 AM »
Wow, I really like it.  I'm Looking forward to hearing more.

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 09:03:24 AM »

Reminds me of this old Squirts post:

12:52
Post actions

Looks like that photo was taken at 30,000 feet above the Pacific, top that Chris!

Let me take a stab at creating some hype that will have everyone frothing at the mouth to spend $1500 on this piece.

Grandista is a newer golf gear company in Japan that puts an emphasis on the highest quality materials, ultimate feel and control, classic looks, and user prestige.  The new Grandista driver is a technological marvel, utilizing two "Super Impact Tubes™" on the sole that can be loaded with small explosive "Boom Pods™" (sold separately in the Pro Shop) that detonate at impact to create extreme distance along with the pleasing sounds of small arms fire.  The patent pending cup face design is double cold press forged from Dat 69 for a soft, explosive feel, then precision brazed by a man with tiny hands for the ultimate in consistency.  As you may have noticed, it has the unique feature of having the entire spec sheet printed right on the bottom, so the anal retentive golfer will know his club right down to the last meaningless detail.  The crown of the club incorporates a classy ion plating and an easy-to-read user guide to help remind the improving golfer to swing the club correctly. 

Recently I was able to meet with the President and design team when they took me out for a few hundred dollars worth of exotic sushi and drinks in exchange for promoting their products through the Pro Shop.  Their chief designer, Hideki "Dick" Gozinya-san explained to me the revolutionary center of gravity design they put into this new club.  He explained it in Japanese (which I don't understand 100%) but I believe he said that the club head senses your swing speed and club path and automatically adjusts the CG to the optimum location for big carry and run using a sophisticated series of cats' eye marbles and a spring from a ball point pen. 

So how does this new beast play?  Recently I was able to spend some time with it in comparison to my current gamer--the last driver that I demo'd and declared the Best Driver Ever.  I have it shafted with my new favorite shaft, the $107,000 Sixteen Candles shaft in a SR flex playing at 46".  At address, the club head is both compact for workability for the better player while being large to instill confidence in the higher handicappers.  I didn't find the user guide printed on the crown to be distracting at all at address, unless I looked at the club. 

During my backswing I did hear some electronic calculation noises reminiscent of "KITT" from the 80's classic television show "Knight Rider."  But on the downswing I did not hear any annoying movement from the marble track, just the feel of incredible speed and then the explosive impact.  I liked the sound of detonation at impact whilst using the Boom Pods, but an elderly gent I was paired with for my round literally shat himself after my first drive, so keep that in mind when playing with new people.  I have now played two rounds and hit it at the range twice, so I can honestly say that I feel this is the newest Best Driver Ever, and fits a variety of handicaps from Pro down to beginner. 

Yes, it is mighty expensive, but hey, you're worth it.  Right?  These are now on sale in the Pro Shop with the stock Bangzoo Animals shaft, but of course we can build them with any high end shaft in Japan.
TI Taylormade ‘16 M2 w/ TI Rogue 125 60TS
Ping G400 3 Wood w/UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* w/Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 22* Driving Iron w/ Aero i95
‘13 ONOFF Forged 5-P w/ Modus 125
Forged Vokey 52F/56K Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM 60*
Odyssey SaberTooth (cheater putter)

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »

Reminds me of this old Squirts post:

12:52
Post actions

Looks like that photo was taken at 30,000 feet above the Pacific, top that Chris!

Let me take a stab at creating some hype that will have everyone frothing at the mouth to spend $1500 on this piece.

Grandista is a newer golf gear company in Japan that puts an emphasis on the highest quality materials, ultimate feel and control, classic looks, and user prestige.  The new Grandista driver is a technological marvel, utilizing two "Super Impact Tubes™" on the sole that can be loaded with small explosive "Boom Pods™" (sold separately in the Pro Shop) that detonate at impact to create extreme distance along with the pleasing sounds of small arms fire.  The patent pending cup face design is double cold press forged from Dat 69 for a soft, explosive feel, then precision brazed by a man with tiny hands for the ultimate in consistency.  As you may have noticed, it has the unique feature of having the entire spec sheet printed right on the bottom, so the anal retentive golfer will know his club right down to the last meaningless detail.  The crown of the club incorporates a classy ion plating and an easy-to-read user guide to help remind the improving golfer to swing the club correctly. 

Recently I was able to meet with the President and design team when they took me out for a few hundred dollars worth of exotic sushi and drinks in exchange for promoting their products through the Pro Shop.  Their chief designer, Hideki "Dick" Gozinya-san explained to me the revolutionary center of gravity design they put into this new club.  He explained it in Japanese (which I don't understand 100%) but I believe he said that the club head senses your swing speed and club path and automatically adjusts the CG to the optimum location for big carry and run using a sophisticated series of cats' eye marbles and a spring from a ball point pen. 

So how does this new beast play?  Recently I was able to spend some time with it in comparison to my current gamer--the last driver that I demo'd and declared the Best Driver Ever.  I have it shafted with my new favorite shaft, the $107,000 Sixteen Candles shaft in a SR flex playing at 46".  At address, the club head is both compact for workability for the better player while being large to instill confidence in the higher handicappers.  I didn't find the user guide printed on the crown to be distracting at all at address, unless I looked at the club. 

During my backswing I did hear some electronic calculation noises reminiscent of "KITT" from the 80's classic television show "Knight Rider."  But on the downswing I did not hear any annoying movement from the marble track, just the feel of incredible speed and then the explosive impact.  I liked the sound of detonation at impact whilst using the Boom Pods, but an elderly gent I was paired with for my round literally shat himself after my first drive, so keep that in mind when playing with new people.  I have now played two rounds and hit it at the range twice, so I can honestly say that I feel this is the newest Best Driver Ever, and fits a variety of handicaps from Pro down to beginner. 

Yes, it is mighty expensive, but hey, you're worth it.  Right?  These are now on sale in the Pro Shop with the stock Bangzoo Animals shaft, but of course we can build them with any high end shaft in Japan.

LMFAO!  Thanks for digging that classic up!  Those were the posts that made me idolize the Squirts....may the legend continue to grow...
155/basialpha60x
15.6spoon/f7s
18.6cleek/waccinecompogr77s
21hyute/lunar8
705 5-A/muziikbangvoo90s
213 53.5/60/muziikbangvoo90s
Evenroll mallet
Titliest AVX

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »
Pretty tough to live up to that post, it's brilliant
Callaway PM 60*

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 04:35:58 PM »
Finally got this built with the Roddio W7BA at 43.5". Hit it today on the GC2 extensively along with the 435 Black.

First off not many clubs blow my doors off right away, but this one did.

It is simply one of the best feeling metal wood combos I've ever had the pleasure of hitting. Crispy dense. The Roddio shaft has a glassy electric feel to it like the 80T Crazy shafts do.

Secondly it's long. In reading about the club they say they're meant to keep up with larger and lower lofted drivers. Skeptical, figured that like the SLDR Mini I would see 20 yards less distance than driver but better dispersion.

After collecting data going back and forth between the 435 black and the Brassy, good shot for good shot, the two clubs were carrying very near the same distance, just a few yards more with the 435, which was ~12 yards longer overall due to more roll.

What was interesting though is that on AVERAGE across all shots the 435 Black was only 8 yards longer in total distance. But the Brassy had MUCH better dispersion both distance wise and left-right.

Ball speed didn't drop off much with the Brassy, just a few MPH which is due to the shorter shaft. (43.5 to 45.25") spin was slightly higher, but launch angle was quite strong and similar to the 435 Black at 13.5-15* depending on tee height and the swing.  I'm not so sure that if the brassy had the same length shaft as the driver that they might be pretty much the same distance?

Stock flight is a mid-high baby draw and very strong. The club seems to be very forgiving across the face both in feeling and ball speed preservation. Fit and finish is top notch.

All in all I am VERY impressed with this club. The combo of shaft and club head seem to work very well and I am shocked how well it hangs with one of the longest drivers out there. One drawback as that this probably really isn't suitable for off the deck use as a FW wood unless it's a perfect lie and you're just wanting to advance the ball. I was able to make good contact but resulted in screaming line drives of 9-10* with spin around 2K that went about 240, the last 50 of that on the ground, lol.

I can't see anyone being disappointed with this unit if they're wanting a driver alternative for tight tracks or if they struggle with larger headed drivers in general. I just wouldnt recommend it to someone as a fairway replacement unless they have a history of being able to elevate deep faced fairways with ease.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:16:59 PM by MBBG »
Callaway PM 60*

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 05:04:29 PM »
Glad the shaft is working for you Matt.
Driver: jBEAM Glorious 10.5* + Motore VT 7.0x, 45.5", MCC Plus 4.
HY: Fourteen UT716 1i/3i/5i + Thump h90x, 39"-42", MCC Plus 4.
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - gw + Accra Tour Ti Mesh, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura WMF-06 53*/58* + BG

kl

• Super Ho
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 10:14:27 PM »
Oh, man!  My hope that you'd hate it and I'd have to take it off your hands is not to be. ;)  I guess I'm going to have to buy one.

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 10:26:11 PM »
I sure don't think you'll be disappointed in it keeping in mind that it's more driver DNA than fairway.

I didn't mess with the weights at all as I was so enamored with it as-is but will next time. I have the heavier weight in the toe, as I generally tend to strike slightly more toe side as opposed to heel side so I look at it more as moving the CG more to where I tend to make contact versus thinking about draw/fade bias. The quality of strikes and great feel I was getting leads me to believe I probably have it set up correctly for me. Just feels like mashing a nail with a tack hammer.

It's definitely a specialty club, but for me being someone who doesn't hit FW off the deck that much I think it makes some sense in the bag as a fairway finder off the tee that doesn't give much up to driver. I was absolutely raving about this thing to my builder who also operates the LM and sims at this facility. When I left he was looking them up online lol
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:28:42 PM by MBBG »
Callaway PM 60*

Jobu

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »
Can you compare this against the SLDR mini re distance, feel and forgiveness?

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 11:31:23 PM »
The SLDR mini in 12* was what I had with Speeder 7.3 TS S. As I've read from a lot of others it was surprisingly spinny and high launching for me. I found it hard to hit a strong launching tee shot and it got killed into the wind. But on calm days it was great, about 20 yards shorter than driver but pretty straight and consistent.

The Brassy launches much stronger for me despite being higher lofted. It is also lower spinning and falls about halfway between driver and the SLDR mini overall distance wise. The Brassy probably compares more to the Callaway 2 Deep with its stronger launch and low spin but is considerably larger.

The Brassy has a bigger footprint, and a larger face than the SLDR. Especially heel to toe. The SLDR mini is more of a strong lofted oversized FW wood whereas I feel the Brassy is more of a 2 wood and not as suitable off the deck as the SLDR mini.

The SLDR has a nice crisp feel on well struck shots but can't compare to the dense/crisp/explosive feel of the brassy with its forged cup face. The SLDR felt more twisty on misses and didn't feel very good even on decent but not great strikes. The Brassy feels better across the face but still gives good feedback.

The Brassy seems to not like thin shots as much as the SLDR mini with it's slot in the bottom and low CG but seems more forgiving heel to toe and both probably similar on shots higher on the face. I had some shots below 2K spin with the brassy on shots above center of the face which is pretty impressive for my swing and a 13* wood. I think the CG in this one might be a little higher and that's where the strong launch comes from maybe? Ball speed remains very good on misses with the brassy which is consistent with my findings with other cup face clubs.

As mentioned before I wouldn't recommend the Brassy to someone wanting a FW as it isn't something *most* people (and me) could hit off the deck reliably. It can be done, but the SLDR Mini is definitely a better FW replacement. I even went with a more tip active shaft in the W7BA hoping it would help with shots off the deck, but it's still a strong mid launch even off the tee.

I thought the results of only 8 yards of distance difference between this and driver across quite a few shots with both told an interesting story. But its kind of a weird 'tweener club as most won't want to give up their driver for it (even if they have better results) and most would rather keep a true FW than replace their FW for something that's not the easiest off the deck, considerably longer than normal 3W, but still a little shorter than driver. Although I could see if someone who has a low launch with normal driver lofts building this at 45" and actually being longer with it than a 10* driver because ball speed will be similar, spin is held in check, but the higher loft might yield additional carry distance off the tee but maybe better dispersion as well?

It's supposed to finally start thawing out some next week (-2F again tonight) and I look forward to getting it out on the course and seeing how it goes. For no more than I hit 3W off the deck in a normal round the added consistency off the tee should be a good trade off for me.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:45:20 PM by MBBG »
Callaway PM 60*

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 10:56:15 PM »
After hitting this outdoors on grass today I take back a little of what I said about hitting it off the deck.  I was able to elevate every shot I hit with it off the deck, 7-8 or so.  But don't expect high, soft landing approach shots.  These were frozen ropes.  Off the tee it was fantastic as expected.  Was landing almost the same spot as the the drivers on good strikes, with a high but strong trajectory about the same apex as the GPOM driver.  As seen indoors carry distance doesn't seem much less than driver. 
Callaway PM 60*

kl

• Super Ho
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2015, 12:52:36 AM »
I'm playing a course on Friday where I could really use this.