Author Topic: Elite grips. Are they any good?  (Read 2006 times)

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
Elite grips. Are they any good?
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:56:52 AM »
Been wanting to re-grip all my clubs for some time now. Thinking about the Elite grips. Especially the TD50C Soft model.
Anyone has any experience with it or any other Elite grips?
Also have a question on a feature. If you go on Rakuten to order the grip, they will list the option of with or without back line. Might be a stupid question, but what does that mean?
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 2007 Yamaha InpresX Black
LW: 60° Edel DGR
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

Duffer19

• Super Ho
Re: Elite grips. Are they any good?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:17:52 AM »
That's the small ridge on the under side of the grip which some call it a guide.  I prefer without when I order from rakuten. Ordered and start using the masda grips and so far so good.  It's a slick grip but it's supposed to be good in the rain. Go figure. 
GP 1 minute with Diamana DF/XXIO Black with Waccine GR350
Katana Voltio III 13* (iffy)
Ryoma 2U, 3U, 4U and 5U
Grindworks DP 6-AW with Fire Express Spirit I-65
Epon Tour Wedge 54 with MCI solid
Titleist Forged 58*
Yamada Burning Copper Shogun

Duffer19

• Super Ho
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:18:54 AM »
Elite grips would be my next on list to try products.
GP 1 minute with Diamana DF/XXIO Black with Waccine GR350
Katana Voltio III 13* (iffy)
Ryoma 2U, 3U, 4U and 5U
Grindworks DP 6-AW with Fire Express Spirit I-65
Epon Tour Wedge 54 with MCI solid
Titleist Forged 58*
Yamada Burning Copper Shogun

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:46:42 AM »
Pretty sure rhody uses these
ONOFF Labospec 358 Driver - Tour AD TP6x
Titleist TS2 16.5* - Kuro Kage XM 80x
Justick Proceed TI UT 21*
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-6 MB 7-P - MCA MMT
Mizuno T20 50 and 55 - MCA MMT
Seven ST 61* - MCI 125 “Mild” Wedge
Epon I-33 - Matrix PZ125 Shaft

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Ultra Ho
  • This hobby is like my wife, no money left...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »
I exclusively use these, the A50 model, built up with an extra wrap of tape.  I really like them a lot.  They provide good traction in dry weather and have a good tack in humid/rainy weather.  I do not know about the TD50 grip pattern which does seem to differ from model to model.  Also, various models have the ability to use the back weight system.

If you're ordering from Rak then I would say get a full set and give them a rip, if there is a local source buy one or two and have a go with them.  Also, some of the sources for assembled clubs will put an Elite grip on for a small up charge so if you're thinking of a new club anyway then go that route...

As a final note, since we are all concerned with the final appearance of the club there are many different colors available in different models so as to best complement the shaft/ferrule/head color scheme your are trying to match.  Even the Roddio Rocket pop or Waccine green and yellow can be accommodated...

akapur

• Super Ho
  • Looking forward to 2016
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
I exclusively use these, the A50 model, built up with an extra wrap of tape.  I really like them a lot.  They provide good traction in dry weather and have a good tack in humid/rainy weather.  I do not know about the TD50 grip pattern which does seem to differ from model to model.  Also, various models have the ability to use the back weight system.

If you're ordering from Rak then I would say get a full set and give them a rip, if there is a local source buy one or two and have a go with them.  Also, some of the sources for assembled clubs will put an Elite grip on for a small up charge so if you're thinking of a new club anyway then go that route...

As a final note, since we are all concerned with the final appearance of the club there are many different colors available in different models so as to best complement the shaft/ferrule/head color scheme your are trying to match.  Even the Roddio Rocket pop or Waccine green and yellow can be accommodated...
Thanks Steve
I was thinking about ordering some of these to replace my old grips.
Taylormade M1 440 Atmos Stiff Blue shaft
2011 PRGR Egg with Rogue Black Stiff
Glorious 5W with Rogue Stiff
4PW PXG Dark with Modus 120S
Crazy Regensis 52/58 with Crazy Graphite
Bradley Putters Custom Putter

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Ultra Ho
  • This hobby is like my wife, no money left...
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »

Thanks Steve
I have a few in stock, if you want to try one before ordering.  A couple that I saved from pulls.  Should do you to test out.  I would have made the offer to Shacco too, but the intl shipping would have crushed the value of the offer...

akapur

• Super Ho
  • Looking forward to 2016
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
I will email you. Thanks.
Taylormade M1 440 Atmos Stiff Blue shaft
2011 PRGR Egg with Rogue Black Stiff
Glorious 5W with Rogue Stiff
4PW PXG Dark with Modus 120S
Crazy Regensis 52/58 with Crazy Graphite
Bradley Putters Custom Putter

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »

Thanks Steve
I have a few in stock, if you want to try one before ordering.  A couple that I saved from pulls.  Should do you to test out.  I would have made the offer to Shacco too, but the intl shipping would have crushed the value of the offer...

Thanks for thinking about me. But you are right. Not worth it with international shipping.

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
Just ordered some TD50C soft to try. Will post once I get to try it. Might be a while though.

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 09:12:28 PM »
I have an elite grip on the 358 driver I bought off Yaj. It’s ok. In my search for a heavier larger pistol style grip (always liked a pistol grip better on blade style putters) I settled on an Elite RS100 which is a 100g pistol putter grip. It came yesterday and I gotta say I just love the feel of it. It’s like the perfect mixture of firm and tacky with a great shape. Like it a lot better than the Pure or Iomics I have tried in the past.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 06:23:12 AM »
I have an elite grip on the 358 driver I bought off Yaj. It’s ok. In my search for a heavier larger pistol style grip (always liked a pistol grip better on blade style putters) I settled on an Elite RS100 which is a 100g pistol putter grip. It came yesterday and I gotta say I just love the feel of it. It’s like the perfect mixture of firm and tacky with a great shape. Like it a lot better than the Pure or Iomics I have tried in the past.

LOL, i think Shac could not wait 5.5 years for this reply... ;D
Drivers : AdllerDiamondSpeeder-DTIDVDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 01:50:36 PM »
Haha yeah I just searched elite grips and posted instead of starting a new thread

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 02:51:00 PM »
Was waiting for some feedback on these. Now I feel ready to pull the trigger  ;D
Joking aside. I did purchase some after initiatiating the thread but I have to say this was my worst JDM purchase. The durability on the TD50C softs was a joke. They tore up pretty badly after just a couple of sessions. I will say though that the reason might be the traction pattern that is pretty protruding.

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »
Ugh. That’s how the Nowon or No. 1 or however you spell it were for me. Felt awesome in hand but tear up much too quickly