Author Topic: Where's hutchy's thread?  (Read 32582 times)

swing981

• Fledgling Ho
Re: Where's hutchy's thread?
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2015, 10:03:36 PM »
hutchy pm'd you

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2015, 10:26:12 PM »
Just wondering where the post/s from swing have gone to

Dont tell me, that ugly c word is alive and well

Brings to mind, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

I'll tell you where they've gone, they've passed into the great beyond, where those missing socks and new tour balls go.

It was suggested to me by several that perhaps we clean the thread up and move the disputes to PM. I thought about it and agreed that it was the right thing to do, given that he said-she said disputes on a message board rarely come to any sort of good.

I have no dog in this fight. More importantly, I think most here just don't want the fight, period. As far as I'm concerned, what happened between a few members many months ago has been aired and seen by all those who were going to ever see it over that period of time. We are all adults here, I assume they can handle it from there. Just didn't see the need to keep publicly piling on when one member has returned to throw himself to the board for mercy.

If removing a dozen or so posts from this thread have done a disservice to any members, I apologize. I promise there's no ulterior motives or agenda...no monetary interest or sales agenda. Just a minimal effort to keep things halfway civil.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:03:54 PM by MBBG »
Ping G400 LS Tec UST Chrome
Ping G400 3 Wood UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 Aero i95
Epon 705 Aero i110
Forged Vokey 52F/56K Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM 60*
Odyssey SaberTooth (cheater putter)

Craig

• Fledgling Ho
    • Craig Courtney
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2015, 11:14:29 PM »
Thats ok by me.
Then Please dont hold yourselves up as the bastions of free speech.
And then bag TourSevenGolf for the same

Censorship is both good and ugly. In reality, I probably agree with you.
Tolerance of sanctimony, well thats not my strong suit

I think even Hutchy would agree that he made his bed, hes got to lie in it.  So far he is man enough ( and I think genuine) to do so. Very very difficult to come out as he did.
I really do admire him for it

Also, while Hutchy is a target for swing, then swing is not annoying the rest of us.

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2015, 11:40:46 PM »
I don't disagree at all, but it is my opinion that a different level of tolerance applies to being able to say whatever one wants about certain golf equipment, versus tolerance for hosting months-old public disputes.

At this point, most everyone knows the story and can act with according caution. Hutchy's manifesto is still here to serve as fair warning to any new members who may stumble across this thread.

Maybe down the road we can make a Smiter's sub forum and a trusted member list to help delineate the good from evil forces of JDM ho'ery, but until that point I think *most* would prefer that disagreements to be handled one-on-one.  With a couple of well deserved threads on both JDM forums to serve as warnings. It might be sanctimony, but at least it's well intentioned sanctimony?

Maybe I'm wrong on this and most members would like to see a Jerry Springer midget style fight between angry JDMCH members?!?! Winner gets Hutchy's head covers and loser gets voted off the JDM island? I'm open to ideas here folks

Srixon U45 Aero i95
Epon 705 Aero i110
Callaway PM 60*

swing981

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2015, 06:24:32 AM »
I have sent 2 pm's to hutchy and not had replies from him.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Ultra Ho
  • This hobby is like my wife, no money left...
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2015, 06:45:37 AM »
Being one of those that suggested the personal dispute move to PM, I agree with MBBG on deleting the posts.  I might have added a comment to the effect that some posts were removed along with the request to move it to PM but...

No one is saying the you can't like or post any content about JDM or other DM equipment, but personal issues between members does not belong being hashed, let alone rehashed, publicly. Not why I am here.  It isn't censorship it is keeping threads on topic.

I have been burned a couple of times and will not buy or sell from/to those folks ever again. Lesson learned and I moved on. I have let it go.

Which happens to be my recommendation to Swing, now.

Let it go.

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2015, 07:12:55 AM »
Being as though this thread is about Hutchy, then anything said about Hutchy is on topic. Furthermore, if the posts of certain members are deleted within this thread then personally I'd like the thread as a whole removed rather than individual posts, because surely that is censorship.......
Driver: Callaway XR SZ 9.5* + Oban Kiyoshi 65 05, 45".
FW: Callaway GBB 16* + FEX 75x, 42".
FW: Callaway GBB 21* + FEX 75 PROx, 41".
Irons: Srixon Z945 pw-8i/Z745 7i-4i + DG SL X100, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura Giken WMF-06 53/58, Callaway V-Forged 64 + KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 stiff.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

swing981

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 07:25:35 AM »
ian 500 hit the nail on the head 1000 percent.

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2015, 09:56:44 AM »
I understand that not everyone will be happy with every decision made on something like this. I've gotten several PMs suggesting different things and one even asking me to basically be an arbitrator on this.

I paid out of pocket to start this simple JDM enthusiast site and spend my personal time maintaining it because I thought there was a need for a freer place to discuss gear and point of purchase options. Guess it never really occurred to me at the time that someday I might be asked to referee BST disputes. 😁
Srixon U45 Aero i95
Epon 705 Aero i110
Callaway PM 60*

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • left shoulder right foot, right shoulder work down
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »
Lol, a benevolent dictatorship is the most efficient form of government...

Free casts 1 vote for freedom...and another for anything else that may or may not be hilarious...thanks for starting the trust tree m, I say let the drama ensue and may the squirts be with you!
155/Basileus Alpha 60s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
705 5-A : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
213 54/60 : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
SC Kombi S

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • It's not how many BUT how Far!
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »
And I say ...
Never piss on another Mans Rhubarb!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

Hutchy

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »
Just didn't check my messages sorry.

PP requested so this is the last thing to sort out. If I have forgotten anyone then please let me know, pretty sure that's it though.

Hutchy

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »
I made the decision to send the money rather than the covers. I think that is a more satisfactory outcome for swing.

I cant even remember at the time what happened so went through the many emails I received from swing, they are all saved in hotmail dedicated folder to him.

Swing received many items, with lots of changes of mind, many emails, part payments etc. I owed him a deal on a putter but did not have what he wanted so offered covers and a hat for that.

Package had already been sent so these were to follow, that is when the shit hit the fan for me.

Didn't get a chance to address the hat and covers, or sort out the shaft for Rob. Did send $150 US for 15 ferrules to squishy just before I had my troubles.

Hundreds of transactions I have made 3 went wrong, not as a fuck you buddy...I just wasn't around to address the issues as I normally would have been.

Many many members out there have had some great gear at great prices from me, I always went out of my way to help anyone in my transactions.

Like I said nothing to hide here, Craig is right I made my bed, I am now sorting it out.

If I pissed on a mans rhubarb patch in his allotment, in the dark on my way back from the pub, didn't know were I was pissing or was just to blind to realise at the time, then I am now knocking at his door and telling him not to eat it but here I have brought you some new plants, do you need a hand to plant them. Maybe olive trees? I would expect him to be mad but on reflection we could work together to plant the new.

Dont want to keep banging on about it, am doing my best, if that is not good enough for some I understand....then so be it!

I am here.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:39:06 PM by Hutchy »

Coke

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2015, 06:35:01 PM »
Sounds good enough for me for making good
Roddio Type M, Basileus AAA 2016
A Grind FW 14deg,Roddio F6s
A Grind Proto UT18, Basileus Biz 70s
Miura Giken CB-1008, Roddio i8s75i, 5-PW
Crazy B104 52/58, Roddio i8s