Author Topic: Grandista?  (Read 15511 times)

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
Re: Grandista?
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2016, 01:57:38 AM »
Looks like that photo was taken at 30,000 feet above the Pacific, top that Chris!

Let me take a stab at creating some hype that will have everyone frothing at the mouth to spend $1500 on this piece.

Grandista is a newer golf gear company in Japan that puts an emphasis on the highest quality materials, ultimate feel and control, classic looks, and user prestige.  The new Grandista driver is a technological marvel, utilizing two "Super Impact Tubes™" on the sole that can be loaded with small explosive "Boom Pods™" (sold separately in the Pro Shop) that detonate at impact to create extreme distance along with the pleasing sounds of small arms fire.  The patent pending cup face design is double cold press forged from Dat 69 for a soft, explosive feel, then precision brazed by a man with tiny hands for the ultimate in consistency.  As you may have noticed, it has the unique feature of having the entire spec sheet printed right on the bottom, so the anal retentive golfer will know his club right down to the last meaningless detail.  The crown of the club incorporates a classy ion plating and an easy-to-read user guide to help remind the improving golfer to swing the club correctly. 

Recently I was able to meet with the President and design team when they took me out for a few hundred dollars worth of exotic sushi and drinks in exchange for promoting their products through the Pro Shop.  Their chief designer, Hideki "Dick" Gozinya-san explained to me the revolutionary center of gravity design they put into this new club.  He explained it in Japanese (which I don't understand 100%) but I believe he said that the club head senses your swing speed and club path and automatically adjusts the CG to the optimum location for big carry and run using a sophisticated series of cats' eye marbles and a spring from a ball point pen. 

So how does this new beast play?  Recently I was able to spend some time with it in comparison to my current gamer--the last driver that I demo'd and declared the Best Driver Ever.  I have it shafted with my new favorite shaft, the $107,000 Sixteen Candles shaft in a SR flex playing at 46".  At address, the club head is both compact for workability for the better player while being large to instill confidence in the higher handicappers.  I didn't find the user guide printed on the crown to be distracting at all at address, unless I looked at the club. 

During my backswing I did hear some electronic calculation noises reminiscent of "KITT" from the 80's classic television show "Knight Rider."  But on the downswing I did not hear any annoying movement from the marble track, just the feel of incredible speed and then the explosive impact.  I liked the sound of detonation at impact whilst using the Boom Pods, but an elderly gent I was paired with for my round literally shat himself after my first drive, so keep that in mind when playing with new people.  I have now played two rounds and hit it at the range twice, so I can honestly say that I feel this is the newest Best Driver Ever, and fits a variety of handicaps from Pro down to beginner. 

Yes, it is mighty expensive, but hey, you're worth it.  Right?  These are now on sale in the Pro Shop with the stock Bangzoo Animals shaft, but of course we can build them with any high end shaft in Japan.

ami late to the party or what? just read this post. Squirts you have free booze and a round of golf whenever your in town.
man you made my day! just the right post to seal the deal, have a couple of grandista heads headed by way thanks to your post.
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 19* Crazy CBI 80s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 Aw Diamana OT 105s,  TW /54/58
G-filed Leap M

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2016, 02:19:52 AM »
I love this Post too...
But on a serious note the Grandista ( which I almost SOLD) when set up right, with heavier head weights , just is the Bomb!....
Very long and it as a fantastic FEEL
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 02:23:11 AM »
I love this Post too...
But on a serious note the Grandista ( which I almost SOLD) when set up right, with heavier head weights , just is the Bomb!....
Very long and it as a fantastic FEEL

im glad to be gone with my zy-11. looking forward to this club!
I've already ordered a matching 16* Fw for this head!
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 03:10:31 AM »
I found that this worked better for me, shorter and with a Heavy SW.

It just seems to keep in the Air for ages, and as plenty of Roll out too.

Can't wait to try this with my ZY-7

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

mauvanilla

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2016, 03:29:05 AM »
I am still in honeymoon both with the FW and the Driver... not the longest but one of the most pleasant to hit and very consistent!

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2016, 04:30:05 AM »
I am still in honeymoon both with the FW and the Driver... not the longest but one of the most pleasant to hit and very consistent!

Had a go with the driver. Easy to launch but like to go right. Consistently right. Not a slice more like a push , doesn't happen with my other drivers. Need more time.
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2016, 10:55:21 AM »

Had a go with the driver. Easy to launch but like to go right. Consistently right. Not a slice more like a push , doesn't happen with my other drivers. Need more time.

Maybe alter the 2 weights?

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2016, 08:55:16 PM »

Maybe alter the 2 weights?

How do I do that? Haven't really checked out the weight ports. Do I need special tools?
Using my TM driver for sun money game
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2016, 11:15:41 PM »
If you have a TM or Titleist wrench,  you can loosen and remove the weights.
The weight of the screw is engraved on the screw head.

Be careful not to tighten the screw too much as the sound at impact will be very loud and high pitched.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:18:00 PM by nobmt »
DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )

LudaCliff

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2016, 01:27:36 AM »
Be careful not to tighten the screw too much as the sound at impact will be very loud and high pitched.

Nob-san, does this also apply for the screw on the fairway?
PRGR '16 RS-F 9.5* / UST Mamiya Launch Control LL 5F3
PRGR '17 Egg 3W 15* / UST Mamiya Launch Control LL 5F3
Epon AF-901 19* / Attas 80R  |  PRGR '15 Egg 4iU 22* / Tensei Blue 80R  
Epon AF-705 5i-AW / NS PRO 850GH R
Epon 208KGX 52* & 58* / DG S200
Yamada IPT Makes Burning Copper

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2016, 04:14:40 AM »

Nob-san, does this also apply for the screw on the fairway?

Yes, I believe it's the Same weight/thread

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2016, 09:43:44 PM »
i will give the grandista another go over the week, if i can make it go less right i think I've found my driver. this thing has me scratching my head!
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2016, 09:53:32 PM »
C, a few suggestions :

1.  Switch the weights around if the toe weight is heavier.
2.  Not sure if you're a spine guy but try reinstalling your shaft 180* to what it is now.  If now logo up, go logo down... Assuming spine is right.
3.  Not sure if you ordered an open face but regardless, just aim face square to target at address and place ball maybe 1/2 ball to the left at address.  Not a t388 total swing change thing so no fret.
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2016, 10:04:34 PM »
C, a few suggestions :

2.  Not sure if you're a spine guy but try reinstalling your shaft 180* to what it is now.  If now logo up, go logo down... Assuming spine is right.
3.  Not sure if you ordered an open face but regardless, just aim face square to target at address and place ball maybe 1/2 ball to the left at address.  Not a t388 total swing change thing so no fret.

will definitely give this a try and check weights on the head

i am not really a spine guy, will this truly play a role? wow opens a pandoras box of possibilities lol

don't think its an open face looks pretty square to me , my swing works for all my drivers except for this one, my default swing is a baby fade but lately with my latest swing change its a baby draw, this one just wants to push left no matter where i aim. not a fan of changing swing for the club.

but id like to think its the weights and the EVO2 shaft i have in it. hmm
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
G-filed Leap M

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2016, 11:01:34 PM »
Definitely don't believe in changing swing for any club.  Don't buy into all that level blow for this, but up for that, go down on her....   :-)

Just suggesting a very slight ball placement change if 1/2 ball left and teed up a bit higher.... SAME swing.

Mark of a good club for your swing is consistency.  And although you are pushing, at least that is consistent.  I think the placement thing should help rectify that.
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome