Author Topic: Grandista?  (Read 17029 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
Re: Grandista?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 04:16:06 AM »
i think ryo shud just go back to them and forget about being a superstar that never  makes  a cut.

he looks washed up at 23...!

where as matsuyama looks ready to crack it  real BIG at any time..,
astro tourv3 10*// quadra fire express prototype 2016
prgr egg spoon15*//roddio tour only  bee71x
fourteen tw u 21*//diamanana stinger 70x
masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
prgr nabla id 52*. NS WV125s Yamaha raw black  56*....NS wv 125s
fourteen mt 28 60*....NS 950s
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 07:33:25 AM »
Hit a friend's Grandista tonight and I stand corrected for this composite top head... The feel and sound compared to the old composite Cally C4 and Cleveland Comp is fantastic but compared to normal drivers about the same. The head cover is butt ugly though.

I was also surprised to see the bore size for the weight screws to be so big.

May just look for one just for the heck if it I think...
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »
how did the performance compare with your gamers?
DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »
how did the performance compare with your gamers?

Hit into an indoor net and didn't have my drivers with me so can't say.  I was just pleasantly surprised at the feel given how bad the C4 and Cleveland comp sounded and felt.
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2015, 05:24:25 PM »
I have not tried this DAT55G version but the Version S in my opinion was as soft feeling at impact as my AF153.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2015, 08:04:03 PM »
I have not tried this DAT55G version but the Version S in my opinion was as soft feeling at impact as my AF153.

Yup.  The S is a different metal.. can;t recall what... As for softness, I'm in a mind that soft and distance is in many cases inversely correlated and I'm not in to drivers for softness.

kl

• Super Ho
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2016, 03:35:05 PM »
Looks like that photo was taken at 30,000 feet above the Pacific, top that Chris!

Let me take a stab at creating some hype that will have everyone frothing at the mouth to spend $1500 on this piece.

Grandista is a newer golf gear company in Japan that puts an emphasis on the highest quality materials, ultimate feel and control, classic looks, and user prestige.  The new Grandista driver is a technological marvel, utilizing two "Super Impact Tubes™" on the sole that can be loaded with small explosive "Boom Pods™" (sold separately in the Pro Shop) that detonate at impact to create extreme distance along with the pleasing sounds of small arms fire.  The patent pending cup face design is double cold press forged from Dat 69 for a soft, explosive feel, then precision brazed by a man with tiny hands for the ultimate in consistency.  As you may have noticed, it has the unique feature of having the entire spec sheet printed right on the bottom, so the anal retentive golfer will know his club right down to the last meaningless detail.  The crown of the club incorporates a classy ion plating and an easy-to-read user guide to help remind the improving golfer to swing the club correctly. 

Recently I was able to meet with the President and design team when they took me out for a few hundred dollars worth of exotic sushi and drinks in exchange for promoting their products through the Pro Shop.  Their chief designer, Hideki "Dick" Gozinya-san explained to me the revolutionary center of gravity design they put into this new club.  He explained it in Japanese (which I don't understand 100%) but I believe he said that the club head senses your swing speed and club path and automatically adjusts the CG to the optimum location for big carry and run using a sophisticated series of cats' eye marbles and a spring from a ball point pen. 

So how does this new beast play?  Recently I was able to spend some time with it in comparison to my current gamer--the last driver that I demo'd and declared the Best Driver Ever.  I have it shafted with my new favorite shaft, the $107,000 Sixteen Candles shaft in a SR flex playing at 46".  At address, the club head is both compact for workability for the better player while being large to instill confidence in the higher handicappers.  I didn't find the user guide printed on the crown to be distracting at all at address, unless I looked at the club. 

During my backswing I did hear some electronic calculation noises reminiscent of "KITT" from the 80's classic television show "Knight Rider."  But on the downswing I did not hear any annoying movement from the marble track, just the feel of incredible speed and then the explosive impact.  I liked the sound of detonation at impact whilst using the Boom Pods, but an elderly gent I was paired with for my round literally shat himself after my first drive, so keep that in mind when playing with new people.  I have now played two rounds and hit it at the range twice, so I can honestly say that I feel this is the newest Best Driver Ever, and fits a variety of handicaps from Pro down to beginner. 

Yes, it is mighty expensive, but hey, you're worth it.  Right?  These are now on sale in the Pro Shop with the stock Bangzoo Animals shaft, but of course we can build them with any high end shaft in Japan.
Was just looking around the web to see if indeed Grandista only makes 460cc heads and came across this post again.  This is funny, funny stuff!  Matt, it makes me think there needs to be a hall of fame of JDMCH posts.

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2016, 07:04:41 PM »
I've laughed until it hurt every time I've read that post!  Never gets old!
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2016, 10:29:52 PM »
I am sitting in my recliner trying to suppress my hysterical laughing trying not to wake the girls after reading that again.

Id be all for a hall of fame thread for sure.
S Yard T.388 Kuro Kage XM 70x
TaylorMade Original One 13.5* HZRDUS Green
Titleist TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage XM 80x
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 3-6 MP-20 Blade 7-P DG AMT
Mizuno T20 50 and 55 S400 TI
Callaway PM Grind 60
PXG Operator LTD Edition “Darkness”

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2016, 01:25:43 AM »
This is the Best post ever!...

If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

95124hacker

• Super Ho
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2016, 03:00:32 PM »
Did not get the inside jokes when I first read it months ago but after re-reading it now, it's surely HOF material!

Might want to add: "Any of you donkeys that disagree with me... Well, just go to hell and you're gone, I don't need new customers anyway!"

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »
I don't find it funny...
Driver: TM Original One 11.5° + Tensei CK Pro Blue 80tx.
HY: Ping G400 17° + Oban White 95x.
DI:  Epon 903 20 & 23 + OTi120x
Irons: Epon AF-Tour MB 5i - PW + OTi120x
Wedges: Epon 208 KGX 53°/59° + OTi110x.
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2016, 10:05:24 PM »
Now that my 7D shaft has the Af-105 installed,  I paired up my Grandista Version S head with a BangVoo 787 shaft that I acquired recently.   The overall length of this build came out to be about 44.5"  .   the head weighs right at 200g .
In order to get a higher swing weight,  I even used a 40g grip .   Overall weight is about 316g which is on the lighter side for me.

Anyway,   I took out this shorty Grandista out for a spin this afternoon. 
Maaaaan,  how easy is this combo to hit straight?!!   Been using my 46.75" driver for a while now and this shorter driver feels so easy to hit!     Perhaps it's the shaft and head combo but I am not about to break up this combo! 
I think I found my season tournament driver.    Seemed to be getting good distance too.   Obviously not as long as the 7D /105 when pured but not far off.     Got me thinking more about cutting down the 7D shaft.   
I am really happy to have rediscovered a great great head and shaft combo!!   
It's so much fun tinkering with golf clubs!  Moving on to my next projects!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:10:27 PM by nobmt »

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2016, 12:11:33 AM »
Now that my 7D shaft has the Af-105 installed,  I paired up my Grandista Version S head with a BangVoo 787 shaft that I acquired recently.   The overall length of this build came out to be about 44.5"  .   the head weighs right at 200g .
In order to get a higher swing weight,  I even used a 40g grip .   Overall weight is about 316g which is on the lighter side for me.

Anyway,   I took out this shorty Grandista out for a spin this afternoon. 
Maaaaan,  how easy is this combo to hit straight?!!   Been using my 46.75" driver for a while now and this shorter driver feels so easy to hit!     Perhaps it's the shaft and head combo but I am not about to break up this combo! 
I think I found my season tournament driver.    Seemed to be getting good distance too.   Obviously not as long as the 7D /105 when pured but not far off.     Got me thinking more about cutting down the 7D shaft.   
I am really happy to have rediscovered a great great head and shaft combo!!   
It's so much fun tinkering with golf clubs!  Moving on to my next projects!

I've not hit the Bangvoo 787 but have the Bangvoo Premium and the MAVC80 and as far as retail boutique shafts go, one of the best.  The grandista as well I think is a great head.  I recently replaced the Basi Alpha with a Loop CL and think I've found another gear.  Not saying the CL categorically is better than the Basi Alpha but for my swing flaws, perhaps the Loop is a better combo with the Grandista.

Will be interested to head how you shortened 7D goes.  I play mine at 45 in my GPOM and its probablymy best all round combo.

mauvanilla

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2016, 03:46:18 AM »
I am also a big fan of the Grandista Driver! not the longest but very pleasant to hit; I am playing on Tour AD MJ...

Also I am playing a Grandista 3 wood on an EVO II; which is also another nice club.

On the side; I compare the 3 wood with the Ryoma (on a FW80) and this is much longer but the feel not as nice...

ANyway: I hope that Grandista keeps going with new gear!