Author Topic: Grandista?  (Read 15510 times)

• Junior Ho
  • A duck hook can be your friend
Grandista?
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:52:38 AM »
This is one for wmclarenf1, a driver with its complete spec on the sole. Anyone played it?
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Duffer19

• Super Ho
Re: Grandista?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 10:44:30 AM »
If WMC plays this, I am sure he would name it Darth Vader. 
GP 1 minute with Diamana DF
Katana Voltio III 13*
Ryoma 2U, 3U, 4U and 5U
Grindworks DP 6-AW with Fire Express Spirit I-65
Epon Tour Wedge 54 with MCI solid
Titleist Forged 58*
Yamada Burning Copper Shogun

Sgt Squirts

• Junior Ho
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
Looks like that photo was taken at 30,000 feet above the Pacific, top that Chris!

Let me take a stab at creating some hype that will have everyone frothing at the mouth to spend $1500 on this piece.

Grandista is a newer golf gear company in Japan that puts an emphasis on the highest quality materials, ultimate feel and control, classic looks, and user prestige.  The new Grandista driver is a technological marvel, utilizing two "Super Impact Tubes™" on the sole that can be loaded with small explosive "Boom Pods™" (sold separately in the Pro Shop) that detonate at impact to create extreme distance along with the pleasing sounds of small arms fire.  The patent pending cup face design is double cold press forged from Dat 69 for a soft, explosive feel, then precision brazed by a man with tiny hands for the ultimate in consistency.  As you may have noticed, it has the unique feature of having the entire spec sheet printed right on the bottom, so the anal retentive golfer will know his club right down to the last meaningless detail.  The crown of the club incorporates a classy ion plating and an easy-to-read user guide to help remind the improving golfer to swing the club correctly. 

Recently I was able to meet with the President and design team when they took me out for a few hundred dollars worth of exotic sushi and drinks in exchange for promoting their products through the Pro Shop.  Their chief designer, Hideki "Dick" Gozinya-san explained to me the revolutionary center of gravity design they put into this new club.  He explained it in Japanese (which I don't understand 100%) but I believe he said that the club head senses your swing speed and club path and automatically adjusts the CG to the optimum location for big carry and run using a sophisticated series of cats' eye marbles and a spring from a ball point pen. 

So how does this new beast play?  Recently I was able to spend some time with it in comparison to my current gamer--the last driver that I demo'd and declared the Best Driver Ever.  I have it shafted with my new favorite shaft, the $107,000 Sixteen Candles shaft in a SR flex playing at 46".  At address, the club head is both compact for workability for the better player while being large to instill confidence in the higher handicappers.  I didn't find the user guide printed on the crown to be distracting at all at address, unless I looked at the club. 

During my backswing I did hear some electronic calculation noises reminiscent of "KITT" from the 80's classic television show "Knight Rider."  But on the downswing I did not hear any annoying movement from the marble track, just the feel of incredible speed and then the explosive impact.  I liked the sound of detonation at impact whilst using the Boom Pods, but an elderly gent I was paired with for my round literally shat himself after my first drive, so keep that in mind when playing with new people.  I have now played two rounds and hit it at the range twice, so I can honestly say that I feel this is the newest Best Driver Ever, and fits a variety of handicaps from Pro down to beginner. 

Yes, it is mighty expensive, but hey, you're worth it.  Right?  These are now on sale in the Pro Shop with the stock Bangzoo Animals shaft, but of course we can build them with any high end shaft in Japan.
Current Gamer Bag:

13 clubs that I hit farther than you and a putter than never misses

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
Looks like that photo was taken at 30,000 feet above the Pacific, top that Chris!

Let me take a stab at creating some hype that will have everyone frothing at the mouth to spend $1500 on this piece.

Grandista is a newer golf gear company in Japan that puts an emphasis on the highest quality materials, ultimate feel and control, classic looks, and user prestige.  The new Grandista driver is a technological marvel, utilizing two "Super Impact Tubes™" on the sole that can be loaded with small explosive "Boom Pods™" (sold separately in the Pro Shop) that detonate at impact to create extreme distance along with the pleasing sounds of small arms fire.  The patent pending cup face design is double cold press forged from Dat 69 for a soft, explosive feel, then precision brazed by a man with tiny hands for the ultimate in consistency.  As you may have noticed, it has the unique feature of having the entire spec sheet printed right on the bottom, so the anal retentive golfer will know his club right down to the last meaningless detail.  The crown of the club incorporates a classy ion plating and an easy-to-read user guide to help remind the improving golfer to swing the club correctly. 

Recently I was able to meet with the President and design team when they took me out for a few hundred dollars worth of exotic sushi and drinks in exchange for promoting their products through the Pro Shop.  Their chief designer, Hideki "Dick" Gozinya-san explained to me the revolutionary center of gravity design they put into this new club.  He explained it in Japanese (which I don't understand 100%) but I believe he said that the club head senses your swing speed and club path and automatically adjusts the CG to the optimum location for big carry and run using a sophisticated series of cats' eye marbles and a spring from a ball point pen. 

So how does this new beast play?  Recently I was able to spend some time with it in comparison to my current gamer--the last driver that I demo'd and declared the Best Driver Ever.  I have it shafted with my new favorite shaft, the $107,000 Sixteen Candles shaft in a SR flex playing at 46".  At address, the club head is both compact for workability for the better player while being large to instill confidence in the higher handicappers.  I didn't find the user guide printed on the crown to be distracting at all at address, unless I looked at the club. 

During my backswing I did hear some electronic calculation noises reminiscent of "KITT" from the 80's classic television show "Knight Rider."  But on the downswing I did not hear any annoying movement from the marble track, just the feel of incredible speed and then the explosive impact.  I liked the sound of detonation at impact whilst using the Boom Pods, but an elderly gent I was paired with for my round literally shat himself after my first drive, so keep that in mind when playing with new people.  I have now played two rounds and hit it at the range twice, so I can honestly say that I feel this is the newest Best Driver Ever, and fits a variety of handicaps from Pro down to beginner. 

Yes, it is mighty expensive, but hey, you're worth it.  Right?  These are now on sale in the Pro Shop with the stock Bangzoo Animals shaft, but of course we can build them with any high end shaft in Japan.
F'in love it...

If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »
No really I think this is the best post period...I'm still laughing. ..
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Ultra Ho
  • This hobby is like my wife, no money left...
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »
I understood that Dick was originally thinking of raising capital for his designs stateside but realized he could not find suitably small hands to do the brazing, caucasians are too damn big, so he reverted back to the Japanese market.

On that note I understood the ports on the underside of the head were also designed as exhaust outlets to better control the explosion and effectively accelerate the head to increase face contact time of the ball resulting in >180 smash factors and softer feel.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
If WMC plays this, I am sure he would name it Darth Vader. 
This is one for wmclarenf1, a driver with its complete spec on the sole. Anyone played it?
(Attachment Link)

Lol...if I played three luck sky dream jump and dance with dragon clubs, this actually sounds very normal. 
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

Duffer19

• Super Ho
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 08:10:13 PM »
Sgt., you have my vote for post of the year but unfortunately you would be banned from the other site for being too funny. 
GP 1 minute with Diamana DF
Katana Voltio III 13*
Ryoma 2U, 3U, 4U and 5U
Grindworks DP 6-AW with Fire Express Spirit I-65
Epon Tour Wedge 54 with MCI solid
Titleist Forged 58*
Yamada Burning Copper Shogun

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:10 AM »
Sgt., you have my vote for post of the year but unfortunately you would be banned from the other site for being too funny.

Most definitely.. sarcastic humour will definitely be deemed negative.  Tsk tsk squirt... come on now... be nice and don;t speak your mind nor ask any questions.  Just believe what I tell you as I know what is good and right for you. >:( :-X :D
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 06:38:51 AM »

Hahahahahahaha great post Mr Squirty Sir. I'm so hot and bored in this office I'm gonna read it again............
Driver: jBEAM Glorious 10.5* + Motore VT 7.0x, 45.5", Superstroke.
HY: Fourteen UT716 1i/3i/5i + Thump h90x, 39"-42", Superstroke.
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - PW + Accra Tour Ti Mesh, Superstroke.
Wedges: Epon Tour 51*/57* + Accra Tour Ti Mesh, Superstroke.
Putter: Rife Barbados, Garsen.

Miuramaniac

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 07:58:12 AM »
Hilarious.

But was it designed for distance AND control?

Sgt Squirts

• Junior Ho
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 08:36:43 AM »
Distance, control, and great feel and looks. With premium materials. 
Current Gamer Bag:

13 clubs that I hit farther than you and a putter than never misses

unclej

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 01:45:03 AM »
OMG...

I rarely read something and laugh out loud but this is some seriously funny shit.

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 02:23:26 AM »
sounds like a pimps ride!
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 19* Crazy CBI 80s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 Aw Diamana OT 105s,  TW /54/58
G-filed Leap M

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 02:52:54 AM »
 fkkn awsome.
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!