Author Topic: Look who's copying the old D1...  (Read 4407 times)

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Look who's copying the old D1...
« on: July 04, 2014, 05:06:32 AM »
Never been a Ping guy...but found this design interestingly familiar....
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Look who's copying the old D1...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 06:00:46 AM »
It's Klingon looking as well... But uglier :-)
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »
It is fugly isn't it wmc?  What's up w this love for the three year product life cycle? 

Morebeer and maniac may hit it farther than either of us but I'd take you and me in a best ball match (with appropriate stroke adjustments for hcap of course).

They can play their titliest and callaway and whatever else that's made in China and bring it right on down to fla for a 10$ Nassau if they like....

If they're good sports I'll let them use my Ben Gay afterwards....
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 09:39:29 PM »
It looks a bit like that tmag super fast burner...that club performed pretty well but was hideous...it had gills for crying out loud...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 10:31:41 PM »

Morebeer and maniac may hit it farther than either of us but I'd take you and me in a best ball match (with appropriate stroke adjustments for hcap of course).

I'm too chicken for any sort of wager no matter how small....
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

Duffer19

• Super Ho
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 05:40:57 AM »

Its no fun if there is no wager.  I perform best (on the golf course only I guess) if there is money pressure.  Doesn't have to be big dollar but more of bragging right.
GP 1 minute with Diamana DF/XXIO Black with Waccine GR350
Katana Voltio III 13* (iffy)
Ryoma 2U, 3U, 4U and 5U
Grindworks DP 6-AW with Fire Express Spirit I-65
Epon Tour Wedge 54 with MCI solid
Titleist Forged 58*
Yamada Burning Copper Shogun

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 09:03:22 AM »

Its no fun if there is no wager.  I perform best (on the golf course only I guess) if there is money pressure.  Doesn't have to be big dollar but more of bragging right.

You don't need money for bragging rights.  I also try not to wager. I've seen too many times how a simple $5 bet  can change a person for the worse.  Not for me... too chicken shit :-[

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »
I play with a couple guys who don't like to bet...they get more worked up about losing than the bettors.  I talked my buddy today who will never bet me but thinks he's a better than me just because he hits it 300 into a friendy $2 Nassau.  Even though I crushed him three ways and dominated him by 6 strokes (which I find amusing given that his hcap is lower than mine) he was pleasant to play with today.  I marveled over every 3rd drive that he smashed beyond 300 (out of 3, 1 was in the woods and 1 was playable but poor position) & smiled over every "steady Eddie" comment.

My advice wmc?  Start playing for money and under a lot of pressure.  It will make you a better golfer.  Let's face it, playing well makes the game more enjoyable.  If you just play easy and free all the time, you'll never figure out how to straighten yourself out when your game goes awry....your game becomes less confident and you chase good performance rather than executing...

Competitions are the best but $ and trash talk are acceptable substitutes when you want to focus your game.
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

Miuramaniac

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 03:06:03 PM »
Bring it, fellas. MoreBeer and I will play American gear (I don't even have any except old school stuff) and you can play whatever you want. But strokes? You want strokes? And you think you'll have bragging rights cuz maybe you played better than normal and I shoot even and you beat us cuz of strokes? haha, just f'ing with you but I love how people wanna talk shit on the range or first tee then ask how many strokes they're getting.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 07:38:12 PM »
I don;t know how I got pulled into this but if you guys are willing to pay for my roundtrip tic from Asia and hotel, I'll gladly play a $2 nassau (I don;t even know what nassau is  :o) and even give you guys strokes  ;D.  I'll even pick up a nice single malt from duty free for us after the round.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 07:45:48 PM »
I play with a couple guys who don't like to bet...they get more worked up about losing than the bettors.  I talked my buddy today who will never bet me but thinks he's a better than me just because he hits it 300 into a friendy $2 Nassau.  Even though I crushed him three ways and dominated him by 6 strokes (which I find amusing given that his hcap is lower than mine) he was pleasant to play with today.  I marveled over every 3rd drive that he smashed beyond 300 (out of 3, 1 was in the woods and 1 was playable but poor position) & smiled over every "steady Eddie" comment.

My advice wmc?  Start playing for money and under a lot of pressure.  It will make you a better golfer.  Let's face it, playing well makes the game more enjoyable.  If you just play easy and free all the time, you'll never figure out how to straighten yourself out when your game goes awry....your game becomes less confident and you chase good performance rather than executing...

Competitions are the best but $ and trash talk are acceptable substitutes when you want to focus your game.

I can see your angle here Free but I find I put the most pressure and push on myself and don't need the wagers to do that.  We all have egos of different sizes but all are similarly fragile and I just don;t want to have to put up with the inevitable crap that comes with busted egos.  I ain't gonna be a professional golfer and don't put in enough work at the range, gym, green, coach etc to go par so I figure if I can stay at a strong single and go close to par once in a while, I'm really quite happy. :D

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »
For sure wmc, at the end of the day its about enjoyment.  Betting and tournaments have made me better although i still suck...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 08:28:59 PM »
Bring it, fellas. MoreBeer and I will play American gear (I don't even have any except old school stuff) and you can play whatever you want. But strokes? You want strokes? And you think you'll have bragging rights cuz maybe you played better than normal and I shoot even and you beat us cuz of strokes? haha, just f'ing with you but I love how people wanna talk shit on the range or first tee then ask how many strokes they're getting.

I get the same thing, if you're close i play straight up but i think  ive played guys for a $5 nassau and the say they're an 8 and then shoot a 72..i guess im a duffer... Pretty happy though to be back in the single digits but there are a lot of good golfers out there and im not one of them...i think it would be a good match, pretty sure matt sandbags his hcap as he once told me he plays off 8 or 9...

I agree in general, it just doesn't matter what you play (other than personal enjoyment). 
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 08:55:41 PM »
For sure wmc, at the end of the day its about enjoyment.  Betting and tournaments have made me better although i still suck...

Seriously though.. I just lack natural talent and am too chicken shit .... :-[

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 09:34:33 PM »
I crumple like a wet paper bag under pressure