Author Topic: Adams makes the best hybrids! Pnt2!  (Read 1497 times)

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
Adams makes the best hybrids! Pnt2!
« on: June 19, 2014, 02:24:24 AM »

my love affair with adams hybrids started a long long time ago and have always had a soft spot
for the adams Pnt2. this is a tour only non retail version thats nice, heavy and compact. looks
unlike most of the hybrid offerings back in the day and from adams too which was usually squarish
and boxy. its profile is quite deep and has an adjustable hosel to bend lie to ones suiting.it is also
remarkably anti hook and low offset which went against the norm of what a hybrid was supposed to do
which was to make the high handicapper play better golf and replace his long irons.

the adams pnt2 was one of the first hybrids to cater to the pro golfer that wanted to ditch his long irons
for a easier to use club. the adams pnt 2 is that answer and performs in every aspect. imho i think this
hybrid outperforms most if not all of the japanese offerings with the exception of the ibrid which to be honest
is very very similar.

have had them in all lofts and sold most of them thru the years but picked up an 18* to take the place of my 5w and 20* driving
iron. i should have never sold this head. this time she's a keeper ( lol) also these can be had for cheap nowadays just check ebay.

Pnt2 vs Epon 902

Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 19* Crazy CBI 80s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 Aw Diamana OT 105s,  TW /54/58
G-filed Leap M

• Junior Ho
  • A duck hook can be your friend
Re: Adams makes the best hybrids! Pnt2!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:51:47 AM »
If anyone wants one, I have one, prefer the Epon AF-903 though.