Author Topic: Howdy All  (Read 2195 times)

JakeBarnes

• Fledgling Ho
Howdy All
« on: November 20, 2013, 03:41:09 AM »
Allow me to introduce myself... my name is HOV..H to the...wait, wrong intro.  Let's try this again:

My name is Peter.  I live in the Chicagoland suburbs.  I'm finally getting back around to some sort of consistency in my golf game after a long hiatus just as the weather is turning to absolute crap around me.  With some productive swing changes as of late the driver ss is up to 118-121 and the 6i to 99-101 with more consistent results.  I believe on WRX this places me in the lower tier of swingspeeds.  The biggest obstacle for me on the course is keeping my head on straight which is why I drink... or shouldn't drink on the course... I dunno, I always get those two mixed up.

I sort of stumbled on this site really randomly thanks to the powers of Google as I was looking around for some info on Vega irons.  I lurked a lot on TSG (am I allowed to say that here?) and when I do hang out in the golf forums (seems to be a sort of cyclical thing for me), I am primarily on WRX under the same name.

As this is a golf community, probably best to tell you my current setup:

Bridgestone J40 430 9.5* PX 7A3 (likely replacing the shaft or the whole driver soon...my spin is getting out of control).
RC Tour VS 14* w/ Diamana D+ 82x
RC Tour VS 18* w/ Kai'li 80x or a Mizzy H4 2-iron with C-Taper 130
Tourstage X-Blade 901 3-P with C-Taper 130
Yururi Tour 50* and 56* with C-Taper 130
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow-Neck Proto 342g

I recently picked up a set of Nippon SPB's so I am now trying to figure out what sort of set to build around those.  Hopefully they will bring my flight and spin down a little bit as well as it is laughable the amount of height and spin I am getting out of my irons and driver right now (that said, I refuse to change just how steep I am in my swing... because it's the fault of the clubs, never me).

I'm sure I've met some of you along the way from some of the forums (seems to always be a small world with these sorts of things).  Thanks for having me and not banning me yet after my first post.  Hopefully this means we can all share friendship bracelets in the future.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
Re: Howdy All
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:27:37 AM »
Welcome to this board…

Actually read one of your reviews over at WRX on the Yurui Tour wedges and recently took the plunge.  Still waiting to shaft them up though.

Used to play the SPB in the Miura BB and loved them as a combo.  While I am in the senior tier of SS at WRX being 6-10 behind you in SS they will lower your flight nicely.  Not sure about reducing the spin as I was still able to stop balls and back them up on shorter irons, but there is no threat of ballooning.

Oh yeah, one last thing on the drinking while swinging…  Check out this thread, http://jdmclubhouse.com/index.php?topic=1323.0

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:31:10 AM by RhodyGolf »

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »
Hey Pete welcome to the board!!!  Hope you don't mind a little irreverence.

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »
it's always ok to drink on the course as long as you don't let it slow you down!
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX