Author Topic: Tour Edge Exotics 2014 Lineup  (Read 3047 times)

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Tour Edge Exotics 2014 Lineup
« on: October 21, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
Went to the range today, and when I walked into the pro shop, they had a yard sale of TEE gear strewn about the front counter area, so of course I took a gander.  I have always been a fan of their fairways and actually have been playing one for a couple months, the CB5 3W.

They have a new limited edition 3W with a funky sole meant to minimize turf interaction and loss of clubhead speed at impact as well as helping to keep the face square through the impact zone.  (I also asked if it could be used to comb your hair after the round and maybe plugged in and used to cook a hamburger, George Foreman style). 

I was out hitting balls and the rep came out to talk to me and handed me the limited edition 3W and then the XCG7 utility.

I hit the 3W about 10-15 times, and it is seriously long and LOW spin, like knuckle balls on well struck shots with range balls, I don't see this being an issue with normal tour balls but thought it worth noting.  Feels soft and powerful but a tick on the "empty" side.  Did seem easier to hit from the deck than my CB5 but I haven't had much trouble with it in actual rounds, so any improvement means maybe the sole is doing its job.

What I was really impressed with was the 19* XCG7 Beta Ti hybrid.  Classy matte black crown, square face, with a stock real deal 7M3 black tie shaft.  It also has the Beta Ti tech they have in their famous FW woods which leads to higher ball speeds across more of the face.  First swing I took with him watching I toed it just a bit but it took off like a rocket.  Hit 4-5 more and while the S shaft wasn't quite stout enough and I pulled them, I was just flat mashing them and they were quite close to 3W length as far as where they were landing at the green I was shooting for.  The feel and sound were pretty much perfect--forgiveness was off the charts and better than the RomaRo Ray 18* cup face utility I have been gaming, which I didn't think was possible.  I hit them back to back and while perfect shots with the RomaRo were about the same distance, my average shot with the TEE was better.

Wish I had taken some pics of the hybrid, it really is impressive from a looks, setup, feel, sound, and performance standpoint, and at a full retail price of $199 with a Black Tie shaft, I may have to pick up a couple.  These aren't even shown on their website yet, nor available for order, so I am curious to see what they'll be selling for on the Bay in a couple months. The owner of the range and pro shop always takes good care of me on the stuff I get from them so I will likely just get them there though if I do pop for a couple. 

I have become such a JDM snob that I usually discount the USDM stuff but these and the new Cally wedges are serious performers with excellent feel.  Of course the wedges are Endo forged brainchilds of Roger Cleveland so performance and feel should be fully expected there.  And since I have found a love for the cup faced woods and UTs I have tried, it also makes sense that I would like the TEE stuff. 

I really think some of the USDM brands are finally closing the gap and should be given a fair shake, but I still have a strong bias!

Blackman

• Fledgling Ho
Re: Tour Edge Exotics 2014 Lineup
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:03:08 PM »
I have One CB Pro on order. Looking forward to give it a try.
Callaway EPIC SUB ZERO - 9 Degr.  - OBAN Kiyoshi Black
Callaway EPIC SUB ZERO 16 Degr. - OBAN Devotion HB
GIMAR NRBX - 3 to 4 - Aerotech Steelfiber
GIMAR NRB Pro - 5 to PW - KBS V-Tour
GIMAR - 52 Grad - KBS V-Tour
GIMAR - 56 Grad - KBS V-Tour
GIMAR - 60 Grad - KBS V-Tour
EVNRoll ER3

DaleUK

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »
Looks like its been left out in the sun to long.....

1dirtypanda

• Junior Ho
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 12:45:46 AM »
What was the price and availability for the cb pro? And is that a real deal speeder in there?

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:25:59 AM »
Retail is $499 but I'm sure could be had for less. It is the speeder 757 real deal.  It is a re release of the old 757 with tech and material upgrades 

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »
I ended up ordering the 19* xcg7 beta hybrid hopefully I get it soon.

1dirtypanda

• Junior Ho
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »
no pics of the hybrid?

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
No didn't take any that day the rep was there. Set up awesome. Will get some when it comes in the next few days.

When do you get your cb pro?

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 08:40:21 PM »
Got my TEE XCG Beta 19* hybrid with a Matrix 7M3.1 X in it. Hit a few at the range and in a round today. Very nice compact club. Sets up beautifully. Could do without the "exotics" on the crown but of any usdm company these guys are the closest to JDM IMO. Very good club. The matte finish is awesome.

1dirtypanda

• Junior Ho
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 09:02:12 PM »
Pics of hybrid?

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 11:24:04 AM »
Haven't taken any but will try

MF

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »
MBBG - it may be tough with the weather but do you have an update to how it's performing? TEEs have always been great FW but never heard much on the UT's. I'm in the market for new woods and hybrid and am going to test these along with the SLDR offerings. perhaps I"ll give JDM woods/UT a try not sure where to start there - Thanks