Author Topic: thoughts on the majors for 2014 and player of the year poll  (Read 6486 times)

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Re: thoughts on the majors for 2014 and player of the year poll
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 05:17:33 AM »
Stenson has been on fire this year. Always hanging out near the top of leader boards.

But as far as the JCH Ryder Cup that sounds awesome. We really should try and put something like that together!

happy to volunteer my place fellas.  I live one exit north of world golf village...have two extras bedrooms and baths....great deals this fall at wgv for overflow (place is like euroDisney these days)

could put together a very affordable rota of courses:
SJGCC
Slammer & Squire
King & Bear
TPC Sawgrass

Only downside is not a lot of direct flights to Jacksonville...could always do Orlando to coincide w Carlo's annual pilgrimage to Disney and do the following
Disney Magnolia Course
Bay Hill
Orange Count National

I nominate MBBG as us captain....get er done more beer....we'll see if this those euros and internationals have the guts to show up and put their pride on the lime....
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 05:30:06 AM »
Stenson has been on fire this year. Always hanging out near the top of leader boards.

But as far as the JCH Ryder Cup that sounds awesome. We really should try and put something like that together!

can we use stableford scoring. I'm off 28......
DR: TM.
FW: TM.
HY: TM.
Irons: TM.
Wedges Cleveland.
Putter: Seemore.

DaleUK

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 04:30:14 PM »
Free I see you have expressed an interest in Stu's wife old club's....buy my friend ...you'll need all the help you can get!! :P

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
lol, I sure will!  95 posted today gents...I went with the following relaxing supplements and I think I may have over done it: relax now, relax all, 5 hour energy, rhoudylax, brown water and Dave Matthews (until the group made me take off my headphones)...oh and enough alieve for a horse...

I was in some kinda twilight zone....did more dancing than golf today and wasn't satisfied so after mrs. told me I was "acting crazy" I went back out and played 9 with only the rhoudylax and played ok...I think I shot a 42 but it may have been a 44...

mrs. free was pretty angry when I told her I was to tired to do tubby tonight...I did find the energy for about 8 minutes of fury...I think that just made her madder....
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

DaleUK

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 01:28:38 AM »
lol, I sure will!  95 posted today gents...I went with the following relaxing supplements and I think I may have over done it: relax now, relax all, 5 hour energy, rhoudylax, brown water and Dave Matthews (until the group made me take off my headphones)...oh and enough alieve for a horse...

I was in some kinda twilight zone....did more dancing than golf today and wasn't satisfied so after mrs. told me I was "acting crazy" I went back out and played 9 with only the rhoudylax and played ok...I think I shot a 42 but it may have been a 44...

mrs. free was pretty angry when I told her I was to tired to do tubby tonight...I did find the energy for about 8 minutes of fury...I think that just made her madder....

Sounds like a normal day in My life...apart from the 8 minutes of fury.....show off!!...I mean really a full 8 minutes??...lol

Next you'll be saying you out Drove Sgt . squirt

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 08:06:28 PM »
lol, that 8 mins prob was a stretch but sometimes when I've been drinking I've topped 15 mins...maybe only once though after the first year of marriage...

relax supplement will be put to the test this w/e gents member member and I'm swearing off booze & other stuff as I think we can win!  my partner is money and I'm....no slouch myself...

will I melt down like I have done in all other golf tournaments (excluding scrambles)?  we'll see...man I used to be money when the pressure was on in all other sports...golf is crazy...

Clubhouse Ryder cup!  lets get it going!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:32:54 PM by freehb »
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »
These last few posts have me dying laughing. Omg.

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 09:59:40 PM »
Relax now deliverd for me today.  shot 88 in the first round of member member (greens were 12 @ 6850 in a tournament...I was pleased) 

get this, dude in 2som we were paired with (super dark "golf tan") who's a 17, shoots 78 from the whites & that was w purposely missing 3 footers when his partner was in for par/bird (1st day is best ball) @ one point he sheepishly looked at us and said "I'm having the best round I've ever had"... I respond with "you would have had to"....the guy was no 17...f'ing sand bagger...I admit to not posting a couple good rounds and really should be more like a 10 (off 11 right now) but come on!  the odds of a 17 hcap shooting 78 on a tough course like that?  I looked up his scores and he used to be an 8 and the he suddenly started posting 97s almost 3 months ago...bottom 8 were 81, 87, 83, 86, 94, 97, 98....either he has discovered the secret to golf, lost it and found it again...or...just very sad...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 07:25:28 AM »
How does 3 months turn someone in to a 17?  Much easier to improve HC than worsen it. It is the best scores out of many, not just the most recent.

Good playing out there Free, you've earned your 4 minutes of fury with Mrs. Free...

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 09:19:01 PM »
I think they take the best 25 scores out if your last 40...not really sure though...my hcap just never moves much anymore....
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

potuna

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »
Rory to be player of the year. His fortunes will turn around massively for 2014.

I'll go total opposite to Harry and predict that NO American will win a Major and that us Eurpopeans will keep The Ryder Cup. So there.
That's harsh

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »
gutsy call Ian, can't wait to see how the '14 season unfolds, esp the Ryder cup.  most entertaining sporting event going IMO....what a great rivalry! 
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
Free! You're alive buddy!  Been worried you took too many relax supplements and wound up in a coma.

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 10:13:26 PM »
I'm back baby!  tough couple weeks...haven't had my usual "free" time up in my office with my relaxing sups...mrs. free made me move back into the marital bed chamber but I finally moved back up after being denied 4 mins of fury 2 days in a row...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 10:25:33 PM »
getting it from all sides these days...crazy restructuring at work, wife paying thousands of dollars on "home projects" (which delayed my roddio plan)...wife finding relaxing sups and getting angry....kids going nuts...

no time for the important things like playing golf, practicing, shopping for gear, chatting on forums about gear...

speaking of which, I have a super exciting new bag planned for 2014.  RODDIO!  RODDIO!  RODDIO!

maybe a 153 and anything epon may come out with!

M, get these euroclubhousers fired up for the clubhouse Ryder cup!
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX