Author Topic: Ians incomplete bag for the near future..............  (Read 4318 times)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
Ians incomplete bag for the near future..............
« on: September 12, 2013, 07:38:21 AM »
Here is a rundown of my set-up, why it's incomplete and where I got hold of each item.

Driver - Kamui Works Ray 10* non-conforming...........incoming! Need a shaft for it. Thanks to freehb for the trade.
3 wood - Yamaha XV FW 14* with Diamana Kai'li 70 X. Thanks to scarecrow for the head.
5 wood - Yamaha I.F.F Tour Model 17* with stock shaft 63g S. Would like to try a Kai'li 70 X. Thanks to Jauce.com.
7 wood - Yamaha I.F.F Tour Model 20* with stock shaft 63g S. Would like to try a Kai'li 80 X. Thanks to Jauce.com.
4i - Mizuno Fli-Hi 24* with Exsar 103g X. Thanks to eBay UK
5i - PW - S-Yard GT Type S with Roddio i-10 SX. Thanks to Rhody for both.
GW/SW/LW - Mizuno MP-T10 52*/58*/64* with KBS wedge flex. Will get some graphite shafts for these eventually. Thanks to eBay UK.
Putter - MD Golf Norman Drew Signature mallet. Would like something all singing and all dancing custom made. Thanks to my older brother for the trade.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:48:30 AM by ian-500 »

DaleUK

Re: Ians incomplete bag for the near future..............
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:34:26 PM »
That grass needs some water asap!!

As for the clubs.....looking good!!

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
Ian, really like your setup, would be delighted to take that bag out for a spin. 

I've heard gr8 things about the iff's and am really missing my old 7w, I hit that better than I ever hit my 20* utes...those GTs look fantastic, how do they feel/play?  how's the flex in those shafts?  have wanted to try the i10s in a full set ever since hitting in my wedge so would be interested in your perception of flex.

I think you will like that kamui, it's a cannon.  I've been playing nonconforming drivers for 8 months and that was longer than the spec tuning, geotec or epon...just a touch low launch.  look for a 60 or 70 gram shaft, the diamana blue 3G would be a perfect fit IMO or if you need a little higher launch, the Fuji 6x07 which can be found cheaper these days and is as good as anything newer IMO.
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »

Isn't that how u chaps keep your grass over there, au natural? it's looking like we'll need to do that over here to conserve water...brown is the new green...I actually prefer firm, fast, brown condits to the lush soft moist condits I have in fla...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 05:07:08 AM »
Nice Ian!

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 11:24:33 PM »

As for the clubs.....looking good!!

Not my grass.......clubs are though :)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 01:58:15 AM »
Ian, really like your setup, would be delighted to take that bag out for a spin. 

I've heard gr8 things about the iff's and am really missing my old 7w, I hit that better than I ever hit my 20* utes...those GTs look fantastic, how do they feel/play?  how's the flex in those shafts?  have wanted to try the i10s in a full set ever since hitting in my wedge so would be interested in your perception of flex.

I think you will like that kamui, it's a cannon.  I've been playing nonconforming drivers for 8 months and that was longer than the spec tuning, geotec or epon...just a touch low launch.  look for a 60 or 70 gram shaft, the diamana blue 3G would be a perfect fit IMO or if you need a little higher launch, the Fuji 6x07 which can be found cheaper these days and is as good as anything newer IMO.

So far the 7w has kicked out my driving iron, and I loved that thing. Need more game time with the Syards so that I can do a review, but they play very well so far. They're not as soft feeling as I wanted though. I think the Roddios are adding to the lack of soft feel. I thought the Srixon heads weren't as soft as I wanted but they now feel softer than the Syards! Can't wait to try thr Kamui. Thanks again.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
Nice bag, sorry to hear not as soft as you thought they'd be…  Enjoy none the less...

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 12:16:48 AM »
Ian, if you want soft you need onoff forged. They are deliciously soft.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56° Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60° Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 03:08:58 AM »
These are certainly softer feeling off the face than when I played any other club with steel shafts, but I think the 'soft' feel that I'm after will only come when I go down a flex or up the torque. I've had Quadra 100i in stiff flex and they were lovely. Still accurate but just the right amount of marshmallow soft that I enjoy.......or maybe I had a slower swing 18 months ago?!?

I do like the weight of the heads though. Can really get through the ball/turf with a nice thump.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:11:31 AM by ian-500 »