Author Topic: B330-S  (Read 2381 times)

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
B330-S
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:06:40 PM »
I never used to care for the Bstone 330 series until they changed them up last year.  Have now play a few rounds with the 330 and 330S and have to say these are very good offerings.  I normally play the firmer, X version of a given tour ball, but theres something about the performance, coupled with outstanding sound/feel of the B330S that is really gratifying.  Super soft, yet delivers that nice "crack" sound upon compression like what you hear on TV.  Not sure if it is as long as ProV1X I have been playing most of the season but it is in the neighborhood anyways.  I don't know what it is about BStone balls but I just seem to play well with them.

JanKo

• Super Ho
Re: B330-S
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:19:45 AM »
I´m pretty much in the same boat. Never lied the Bridgestone Tour offerings, just felt too clicky and hated it for putting. The E6 was always a nice cheaper ball I enjoyed playing when I found some.
Have been a ProV1x player for quite some time now, Penta was pretty good for me too, Srixon XV as well. Found one of the new B330-S and played it for the last round. I was really surprised how good it felt and it was the most enjoyable round with a Bridgestone so far. Wouldn´t mind playing them again.
Taylor Made SIM Max - Tour AD IZ
Taylor Made SIM Ti 3-wood - Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Titleist 818h 19° - Tour AD IZ
PXG Gen 3 P / T combo set 4-GW
Taylor Made MG 2 TW-Grind - DG Tour Issue S400
Golds Factory custom (modified Tiger Woods tribute)

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »
Played them for a while, then got fit for a ball at a Bridgestone demo and they told me to play the Cally...  Was a couple of years ago, might be time to experiment again...

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 01:32:44 AM »
Never played a Bridgestone ball. I prefer the spinnier versions of the tour balls. Pro V1s are good (obviously), Also like the original Srixon Z-Star (haven't played any later versions). Have also been surprised by the performance of the Wilson FG Tour ball. Not the longest but solid. Nice greenside spin. Feels a bit too light sometimes. Played the original TM Penta ball, but hate it. Somehow it does not match my swing. It's very short of the driver and I can't generate enough greenside spin. Feels also dead to me. Now the ball that really surprised me is the Callaway Tour IS. That is currently my favorite ball. Long of the tee and great greenside spin. Feels about perfect to me. Just seems like a good match for me.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56° Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60° Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »
Shacco you and I share similar feelings about some of the balls you mentioned.  I hated the Penta, like the FG, like the Z Stars, and like the Cally balls.  You definitely should try the B330S.  Soft like FG Tour but better durability and a more substantial feel.

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 09:29:02 AM »
Might have to try the b330s. Just wondering how the newer offerings from callaway are. Anyone played the Hex chrome?
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56° Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60° Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »
Hex chrome is nice maybe almost too soft. The hex chrome plus I hated at first because its clicky and firm but performance wise its stupid long and low spin with a lot of approach spin.

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 12:29:35 PM »
I play Srixon z star and b330s as well.   b330 spins and stops better on greens  but z star feels better off driver.

Recent test on japanese golf magazine showed that  cally legacy black feels very soft  and has very low driver spin but also very high  spin with wedge.   best of both worlds at least on paper.
 want to try them out.    anyone try them already?   i wonder if they are same as hex blacks....?

DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )