Author Topic: Johnny Boy got a TM SLDR!  (Read 10845 times)

Robbie

• Fledgling Ho
Re: Johnny Boy got a TM SLDR!
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2014, 12:54:33 PM »
SLDR 9.5 with Speeder TS 6.3 stiff just came in the mail yesterday.  First 2 swings off the first tee…….what a hook machine, reminded me of my first hole results with the P-tune.  Good news and bad news i figured, I wanted a replacement for my P-Tune and i received both the good and bad of a CG forward driver.  I was playing from the tips and decided not to sacrifice another ball, so went to the drop zone.  Next hole is about 320 yards to the ravine and i put my anti hook swing on, pleasant surprise the ball was blocked out but faded gently into the hazard.  Oh well, i decided to reload and hit another ball, nice tight draw lower trajectory but overall perfect drive. First 300ish drive with the driver.  That turned out to be my longest drive of the day but the rest of the drives were not bad at all, found many fairways on a tight course.  This driver gives you what you put into it, if you pound it, it will go long, if you mishit, it will be short, block it and you will slice and flip the hands and you will hook.  My conclusion is this is a very good driver, i don't need it any longer nor do i need it straighter, it is a very good combination of distance and control.  My negatives are it is not the best feeling driver and "sounds" average at best.  A middle ground between thud and ting…However I love thud.  This driver has made the bag, but haha making the bag was quite easy since all of my golf gear was stolen from the trunk of my car !

If you like low spin drivers with CG forward performance this is a great choice but if you are looking for cg back high launch bombers ala Crazy 460, this is not the driver for u !
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:56:57 PM by porscheracrz »

Swiss

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 05:57:09 AM »
Funny...golf season almost back in full swing and I get together with my usual foursome. 2 out of 3 of them now with the sldr and I was like WTF?? Basically they said they saw how much more distance I was getting toward the end of last season and had to keep up. I got a kick out of that one.

There's a guy in our group that's ALWAYS a good 15-20 yards past the rest of us...with the sldr I was keeping up with his drives and on occasion hitting it past him  :)

Scratch2Plus

• Junior Ho
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 06:13:06 PM »
Picked up the Japan TP SLDR 11*
1st round went well. Every ball I hit with it was dead straight, no curvature whatsoever.
Dead straight down the middle...dead straight left and dead straight right. :)
I'm blaming the rust on the swing more so then the SLDR.
Playing a couple rounds next week so I'll get a better handle on its characteristics.
Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...