Author Topic: Tour Edge Exotics CB5 FW Woods  (Read 4119 times)

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 FW Woods
« on: July 29, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »
Anyone hit these before?

Was at range and decided to hit a bunch of USDM and JDM demo clubs. The pro said I should try the TEE CB5. 

Very very very impressed with ease of use, distance, setup, looks, and feel. With stock Fubuki Tour 73S no less. After doing some reading learned they've got a TI cup face and a deep but HIGH CG.

I've got an older CB4 that's been a great club but this one is far superior in sound and feel. So easy to hit off the deck. Just a heads up for anyone looking for a less costly 3W option that has JDM like feel and performance.

1dirtypanda

• Junior Ho
Re: Tour Edge Exotics CB5 FW Woods
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »
you like the cb5 over the cb4?

i used to game the cb2 with blueboard for a long long time. I would hit my 3w almost as far as my driver so i had to drop down to 16.5. now i game a cb4 also with a blueboard. i dunno if i can knock this one out of my bag. i didn't bother to try with the cb5 b/c i didn't like the graphics of it on the bottom and didn't think i'd get much more out of it over my cb4.... and i'd probably would want to reshaft so i never bothered. i rip this baby past most the guys in my club when they hit their drivers (at least the older guys) . :P

i <3<3<3 TEE CBx woods. I also have a CB4 hybrid 19* that I like too. It has the stock RIP shaft which is just OK, not great but not bad. really dunno what other hybrid to put it up against.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 08:32:45 PM »
Performance is almost identical I just award feel and sound to the cb5. It feels and sounds like a Romaro at a fraction of the price.

1dirtypanda

• Junior Ho
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:42:57 AM »
So I did a little comparison with my TEE cb4 vs cb5 hybrids today. The cb4 has a more ting/ping sound when hit whereas the cb5 had more of a muted feel and didn't have that same sound. Is that how the woods are?

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:58:40 AM »
Yes the CB5 is very dense and more muted versus tingy and hollow. Not a huge difference but its noticeable and an improvement IMO.

Love the workability of it off the tee.

1dirtypanda

• Junior Ho
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 12:01:58 AM »
So just got a tee cb5 with kaili 70 stiff tipped (not sure how much) and took it up against my cb4 with BB 83 stiff (most likely straight in). Straight off the bat I liked the cb5. Maybe because of the shaft which was better for my swing. I usually use my fw off the tee box, hardly ever off the deck.

I felt the opposite of mbbg on sound though. The cb5 tinged a tad bit louder than the cb4 but in a good solid ting. The cb4 seemed a bit more muted. Weird... bc the hybrids were opposites. Maybe because of the shafts? Maybe bc the cb4 is well used? I dunno. Ball seemed to jump off the face with cb5 more than the cb4. Of course these are with range rocks. I have new 4w in my bag! Will have to test it on course off the tee though.

Here are the backups now.
Tee cb2 redboard 83s
Tee cb4 BB 83s

Rocketballz can't stand up to these beasts.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:05:28 AM by 1dirtypanda »

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 07:42:03 AM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I bet the sound is the difference in shafts, shafts can make a HUGE differences as you well know.  I use mine off the tee on one hole at home course and occasionally other places, but usually off the deck on long Par 5s.  It is just a comfortable club for me and I hit it will both tee and deck and rarely have a mishit even though 3W has been probably the worst club on average in my bag going back a long time.  For what these can be had for, it's a no brainer to give one a try.  Mine has the Fubuki Tour in it, S flex.  I prefer S flex in 3W even though I like a stouter shaft in the driver, just don't seem to get along real well with a super stout fairway wood shaft, have to hit down into the ball more than I'd like, and when it gets hardpan here late summer you get those "squirters" where it feels like the ball pinches and squirts a bit sideways instead of getting that nice pure compression.  Having the S flex makes me mind my tempo just a bit and hit it with more of a sweep.  I did buy a used BB8S to try in it to lower ball flight off the tee a smidge as that currently is my only gripe.  If it doesn't work the Fubuki will be back in it.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:27:42 PM »
So just got a tee cb5 with kaili 70 stiff tipped (not sure how much) and took it up against my cb4 with BB 83 stiff (most likely straight in). Straight off the bat I liked the cb5. Maybe because of the shaft which was better for my swing. I usually use my fw off the tee box, hardly ever off the deck.

I felt the opposite of mbbg on sound though. The cb5 tinged a tad bit louder than the cb4 but in a good solid ting. The cb4 seemed a bit more muted. Weird... bc the hybrids were opposites. Maybe because of the shafts? Maybe bc the cb4 is well used? I dunno. Ball seemed to jump off the face with cb5 more than the cb4. Of course these are with range rocks. I have new 4w in my bag! Will have to test it on course off the tee though.

Here are the backups now.
Tee cb2 redboard 83s
Tee cb4 BB 83s

Rocketballz can't stand up to these beasts.

It is quite possible that the sound difference is the shaft...unreal how much the shaft can make the difference in sound and feel.  Took the shafts out of my RomaRo UTs and put Nunchuks in and it's like the heads were different too.  Yet another reason why one person's opinion can vary from another's so much just with a shaft change in the same clubhead.

Miuramaniac

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 09:29:58 AM »
I picked up a couple of these, 3 and 5, and they were sitting in my garage since last spring. Bought 'em and forgot 'em, you probably know the drill. So I'd been having a little trouble getting enough launch with my RomaRo 3 wood off the deck and I took these TEE FW's out yesterday. After getting warmed up on the range, I pulled this 3 wood out and rolled a ball over on the grass. This thing is so easy to hit off the deck it's insane. Forget JDM, these are in my bag now. Better than ANY of the JDM fairways I've hit. Yamaha, Tourstage, SYard, RomaRo, Royal Collection, etc. Best FW session I've ever had. CB5 with Fubuki Tour 73 stiff shafts. Sublime combo, without the metallic ting. Just a solid thwack.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:32:47 AM by Miuramaniac »