Author Topic: Iliac head covers  (Read 4927 times)

IlliniGolf

• Fledgling Ho
Iliac head covers
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:57:19 PM »
I was introduced to Iliac head covers recently by a fellow forum member and holy shit are they nice. I ordered driver, 3w, and 2 UT covers in black with orange argyle. Check them out guys. If they made underwear like these head covers I'd wear them every day.

JanKo

• Super Ho
Re: Iliac head covers
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:17:37 AM »
I love the looks as well. I think, I would have already bought some if they had a distributor in Europe. Ordering from the US + a lot of shipping + around 23% of taxes and customs ... would make them even more expensive.

Could you compare them to the Stitch headcovers by any chance?
Taylor Made SIM Max - Tour AD IZ
Taylor Made SIM Ti 3-wood - Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Titleist 818h 19° - Tour AD IZ
PXG Gen 3 P / T combo set 4-GW
Taylor Made MG 2 TW-Grind - DG Tour Issue S400
Golds Factory custom (modified Tiger Woods tribute)

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »
I don't have any experience with Stitch but scratchplus2 on here says the Iliac leather is way nice FWIW. 

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »
Just got an Iliac putter cover and it is very nice.  I like the old barrel style leather covers look wise, but prefer the sock style for the added length it provides to protect the shaft from rubbing on the bag(personal problem, I know)…  Not that I have kept a club long enough for the wear to make a difference but it is the principle of it...

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »
Just got an Iliac putter cover and it is very nice.  I like the old barrel style leather covers look wise, but prefer the sock style for the added length it provides to protect the shaft from rubbing on the bag(personal problem, I know)…  Not that I have kept a club long enough for the wear to make a difference but it is the principle of it...

Must be official shaft joke day...

I'm anxious to get mine, but looks like a 2-3 week waiting period.  I think I am going to stick with the stock Lajosi cover for my putter but may upgrade later.  After spending almost $300 in head covers I need a cooling off period before I splurge for more.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 01:56:33 PM »

I'm anxious to get mine, but looks like a 2-3 week waiting period.  I think I am going to stick with the stock Lajosi cover for my putter but may upgrade later.  After spending almost $300 in head covers I need a cooling off period before I splurge for more.
First, every day is shaft joke day… Now way around it…

My putter cover took way longer than 2-3 weeks from Iliac.  Close to two months when all is said and done...

IlliniGolf

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
Good thing I didn't burn my RomaRo covers...

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 07:05:06 AM »

First, every day is shaft joke day… Now way around it…

My putter cover took way longer than 2-3 weeks from Iliac.  Close to two months when all is said and done...

shaft jokes are like poop jokes, they never go out of style!  my wife had my iPad last week on one of her snooping missions I'm sure and there was a wrx article up titled "shaft week"  she got a dozen or so "shaft week jokes" in off of this...layering in references to my balls and heads as well...I love these images b/c it allows me an egress to be freaky naughty with her...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »
H you're one funny mf

Robbie

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
Iliac headcovers are very nice albeit a bit pricey but good deals can be found on ebay as well as bst forums....ive had quite a few sets and the patent leather ones were my favorite, think i sold the set to stew....anyways if u play 460cc, depending on the shape of those cc's, the headcover can be a tight fit and the only thing bad about a tight fit headcover is that while struggling to put it on, u may drop the driver and a cartpath bounce does wonders for jdm drivers.....another issue is that if u are using ultra pricey or fragile shafts, the headcover does not provide much protection for the shaft.